Giovanni - HexaNet

Main menu automatically disables

Hi there!

I have a small problem with my PrestaShop main menu. A long time ago I decided that I didn't needed the plugin so I disabled it. But now I want to enable it and it keeps enabled for a couple of hours after it disables again automatically. Can somebody help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Same problem! I don't know how to solve it. It happens when I add a new module or I edit something in the BO. 
Did you find a solution?

Same problem here.. 1.7.6.0
Seems like it's Smarty cache problem related, but I'm pretty afraid to disable it for now.

Any progress on this issue?

Really annoying to check if the menu is still there after every change to another module...

Hi Guys,

I've had this issue for quite some time and I've found out whats causing it! GRRRRRR

I stumbled across the cause by going to Design -> positions -> Main Menu -> Edit

I noticed that a warning appeared saying Top Horizontal Menu cannot be used with Main Menu - voila! Its a module that's installed but not showing - I deleted the folder under the Modules section but I suppose a safer option would be to install it from Module Manager and Uninstall it again - I suspect at some point its been installed and during the uninstall i've told it to leave the folder there.

Just a quick note I forgot to add....

I viewed the source of the module and it has a section which automatically disables the ps_main_menu module.

Edited by Jamie Dean
Missing info (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Jamie Dean said:

Hi Guys,

I've had this issue for quite some time and I've found out whats causing it! GRRRRRR

I stumbled across the cause by going to Design -> positions -> Main Menu -> Edit

I noticed that a warning appeared saying Top Horizontal Menu cannot be used with Main Menu - voila! Its a module that's installed but not showing - I deleted the folder under the Modules section but I suppose a safer option would be to install it from Module Manager and Uninstall it again - I suspect at some point its been installed and during the uninstall i've told it to leave the folder there.

Just a quick note I forgot to add....

I viewed the source of the module and it has a section which automatically disables the ps_main_menu module.

You, sir, deserve a dozen Temakis by on me.

Works like a charm! Seems like the uninstall function of the Top Horizontal Menu, by MyPresta, doesn't work properly. Removing the directory made the job.

Thanks!

Ha! Deleted /modules/blocktopdropdownmenu, let's see if that does indeed fix this issue.

Thanks for discovering this!