Can't save various product pages due to HTML validator

justivo

I've imported a big store from WooCommerce so it came with a bunch of unnecessary HTML and inline CSS... yet none of it is technically wrong.  HTML elements are closed, CSS rules are valid, and all quotes are opened and closed properly.  About 30% of my product pages imported cannot be saved now when editing in the Prestashop 1.7 product editor, always claiming the description to be invalid.

I'm tired of going over and over this HTML soup only to realize that it's not wrong and it even validates in the W3C editor after removing the width's from the table elements, and my conclusion is that there is something wrong with the HTML validator used on the product page (other products that I can save also have those width attributes, so that's not it either).

I have noticed while trying to find more information about my own issue online that people will go as far as override this validation method and, while I'm probably also going to do that for the time being, I think it's more useful for the community to report a bug.  I'm thus attaching an example of a page HTML that doesn't "validate".

example2.txt

How did you come up with the idea to migrate a big shop to Prestashop 1.7? Why not at least move to a mature version like 1.6? Anyway, not my problem!

Did you deactivate the HTML Purifier in the shop settings? If not, give it a try.
But even then I doubt that 1.7 can handle such a large amount of inline css. Hopefully 1.6 does.

And btw this is a user forum. Bug fixes are always welcome here, but this is not the right place for bug reports. ThoseThose belong to Github/prestashop. 

Edited by Martijn++ (see edit history)