Edits not applied

PeterBarber

I am running PS 1.6.0.13

Working in PS has become unbearable. I am trying to make minor textual or price edits to a few products. The first one or two products will "take", but then nothing. Whether I click Save and Stay or just Save, it doesn't make any difference. I get bounced back to the Product list and the edits are not applied. If I log out and return within a few minutes, no change. If I return another day, then I can get a couple more edits done.

What is going on here?

A few thoughts:

- updating to 1.6.1 may quite likely mean that you need to get a new template

- updating to 1.6.0.14 might be advisable. Besides the fixes it will also be a refreshing of your files - repairing when something might have gone wrong (files deleted or changed).

- check for javascript errors. One candidate is synchronous ajax requests.

- You can always use Prestools to update prices and texts. It is free.

Thank you. I have resisted upgrading because I have heard that in doing so, I will lose functionality in certain areas of my cart. First, that certain features are no longer supported, and second, that features I'm currently using will have to be redesigned. (musicmaster mentioned having to use a new template, for instance.)

I am SO TIRED of these companies who take something that works fine and then change it all around, forcing the rest of us to scramble to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with. Most of us have businesses to run, and we don't have time for this sort of nonsense.

So if I upgrade, I fix some problems, just to create bigger ones. Is there ANY shopping cart solution which is an actual solution and not just another problem?