Default carrier based on customer group

Vali Iacobescu

Hi everybody,

I have this scenario:

Default customer group - visitor, guest and client.
Also have a custom group of customers (B2B customers). So far so good.

The problem is:
I offer free shipping for a different price amount in shopping cart regarding customer group.
When there is no one logged in, I setup 2 carriers: the first one is free shipping when pickup at store and the second one regarding price amount in shopping cart I've setup. The default carrier is the second one, as I wish.
The second carrier is visible for all 4 groups I have (when they are not logged in).
I've setup a third carrier only for B2B customers also regarding price amount. This carrier is visible just for them (B2B customers - when they are logged in). The problem is when they logged in their account, the default carrier is the one with free shipping which I don't want to.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Vali Iacobescu 

@cynamonstudio

Hi there! It's been a while since u posted guys - have you managed to solve the problem somehow? Any tips? Having same issue on my site. Thanks.  🙂

@tomerg3

I'm affraid it's not possible to set different carriers for different groups in this case. 

The standard carrier  needs to be available for everyone (even guests) but one group (B2B). Any idea how to configure a carrier that way?

Edited by brnsk (see edit history)