PS 1.7.5 random product CSV import error

MadMepps

Hi!

I'm getting totally confused because I can't find a solution for long days for my issue already.
What we have: A working PS 1.7.5 production MULTISHOP site with 2 shops, VPS (Apache/Nginx, PHP 7.2) and Transformer theme by S-T themes.
The items are updated daily and we can't determine the start of this issue but it started to stop with the "error" message.
I figured out that there's an Internal server error 500 by the ajax call. Even if only 2-3 columns are imported! Please see the screenshot below.
Sometimes after 5 products, sometimes 15, absolutely random values.
The site owner told me that sometimes he managed to finish it for 3rd-4th try, sometimes totally not.
The CSV files seem to be perfect.

ps_error.thumb.JPG.0011f247d43eae591417180d4f63d54f.JPG

I had a developement version of the site and I couldn't reproduce the issue. (I hardly believed the owner that the issue presists.)
The biggest comedy that I cloned the site on the server to figure out what the problem was and after several tries surprisingly it started to work. They are in the same environment and I'm not able to mess it up again -> so I don't know the solution.
What I tried:
- To find a registry in the server error logs for the 500 error (Apache, Nginx)
- PHP memory -> 512Mb
- Checked input times (300-600s)
- Regenerated .htaccess
- Checked the product numbers inside the 2 shops (they are equal)
- Turned off memcache
- Turned off overrides (btw debug mode isn't working on the import page)
- Turned off non-offical PS modules
- Fixed all the folder and file permissions (755/644)
- Tried to cut back and forth the input CSV-s
- Checked for duplicated product references
- Read all the forums
- Tried to debug the error message with additional informations with no luck
- PS service module -> DB fix and optimize
- And a lot more....

Please can someone help? What should I check more?
Thank you very much. You can save a man going crazy. :)

Hi Folks,

It seems to be solved by a PS upgrade to the latest 1.7.5.2 version. As far as we tested first on the clone site and then on the production site. Sorry, sites...multishop. It's weird because nothing in the changelog of 2 latest versions is related to the issue.

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2019 at 8:04 PM, GuillermoAguilar said:

Hi!

I had this same error and found an override that was conflict. override / classes / Product.php
If it exists, you could try removing it and importing.

Another option is to try with the debug mode option activated, in this way the process was also done correctly.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. It seems that the issue persist still. I will give a try to your idea despite I've already tried to turn off overrides. However we have a product.php in overrides because of an extended length of product short description from 800 char to 2000. I will reply with the result.

• 5 months later...
On 7/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, MadMepps said:

Hi! Thanks for your reply. It seems that the issue persist still. I will give a try to your idea despite I've already tried to turn off overrides. However we have a product.php in overrides because of an extended length of product short description from 800 char to 2000. I will reply with the result.

Hi,

i am having this issue 1.7.2

It is an awful experience, absolutely frustrating.

I can't find product.php in overrides.

Did you do anything else?

Thanks a lot.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. 

I'm trying to revive this topic, because this problem is very random and I was having the same error on many different versions of Prestashop (starting with 1.6.1, now on 1.7.7.3). Different servers, different settings, different templates, the same error. 

Maybe there's a way to see details of this error? 

Other errors at least give you some info on it (like "length os name is too big", "tags field too long" or "unacceptable symbols" and shows you the ID of the product with the problem, so you can figure out the issue... but this "error" is just an "error" and gives you nothing more... is it logged anywhere?

26 minutes ago, AlexLopatenco said:

Hi. 

I'm trying to revive this topic, because this problem is very random and I was having the same error on many different versions of Prestashop (starting with 1.6.1, now on 1.7.7.3). Different servers, different settings, different templates, the same error. 

Maybe there's a way to see details of this error? 

Other errors at least give you some info on it (like "length os name is too big", "tags field too long" or "unacceptable symbols" and shows you the ID of the product with the problem, so you can figure out the issue... but this "error" is just an "error" and gives you nothing more... is it logged anywhere?

Hi,

I can tell the same as above. The shop is closed already, I've never been able to figure out why it has happened randomly. The most funny fact is that the same owner has a new shop developed which is based on the previous one and we haven't meet the issue since then. :)

6 minutes ago, MadMepps said:

Hi,

I can tell the same as above. The shop is closed already, I've never been able to figure out why it has happened randomly. The most funny fact is that the same owner has a new shop developed which is based on the previous one and we haven't meet the issue since then. :)

Thank you for the reply.

I was thinking that there are some other people that had this issue (there must be) and I figured to post in this topic, rather then create a new one (though I might create a new one)
This issue will be reviewed by the developers of Prestashop. This issue is random, the error doesn't give any info and is frustrating... :(

1 hour ago, AlexLopatenco said:

Thank you for the reply.

I was thinking that there are some other people that had this issue (there must be) and I figured to post in this topic, rather then create a new one (though I might create a new one)
This issue will be reviewed by the developers of Prestashop. This issue is random, the error doesn't give any info and is frustrating... :(

Sure, I just let you know about my case, as I was the topic opener. :)
True, such a frustrating thing. It made me completely mad when I tried to fix it.

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, bblues said:

Hi. Same problem in Presta 8.0. PHP 8.0. Any solution in 2023? It's frustrating.

It seems that this issue won't be resolved (soon).

The only thing that made the import more stable, was to decrease the quantity of products imported at a time.

So, instead of importing 10k, I'm importing 1k products with one .csv file.

Edited by AlexLopatenco (see edit history)