Prestashop 1.7.5.1 product page problem

Petike_baba

Don't know how it's happening, but after saving a product with features it's alright. After editing however all the features duplicateing on admin. After one more edit all of them are there 3 times. Also the feature name is missing just the values are there.

Does anyone knows what is happening here?

Edited by ttoine
editing the title with the right version of PrestaShop (see edit history)

I have a similar issue... I don't use multistore. I added one feature, and after clicking "save", I had few more. When I try to delete them, they multiply more... now I have hundreds of them (!!!). Please take a look at the attachment. Do you know what is happening?

Przechwytywanie.JPG

I have the same as on the image attached by karola.

I know it's beta and I'm not using it at the moment on live site. I just uploading products on localhost at the moment and I think it will be out when I will be ready.

I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong or it's an issue with it.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:51 AM, ttoine said:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/9680

There is already an issue. There is currently a lot of work scheduled on the product page, and that should resolve this 

I assume it's your business to make such statements to calm annoyed users. That's ok for me, somebody has to do this job.. But by reading the Github thread carefully, you might have noticed that this bug exists since 1.7.3.0, i.e. since 10 months, and is still not fixed.
So tell me: For what reason should we believe you now?

Or would you agree to @Petike_baba, that this is due to the fact that 1.7 is still a beta and not ready for production mode?

@Martijn++ the criticity of this bug is Trivial. It means this is not critical at all. I am not the one who sort issues and decide what will be fixed in priority by the PrestaShop employees.

If you want to know more about how the issues are sorted, there is a very good article on Build:
http://build.prestashop.com/news/severity-classification/
The article title tells it's a new way to do it, but, this is actually what the team is doing since last summer, when issues moved to GitHub. This is a clarification, with best practices and what the team has learn since.

That said, a few advice to makes things move regarding this issue:

• Go to GitHub on this issue, and tell that you are concerned ant this is important for you. Currently, there is only a few people active on this issue. But if a lot of people participate to the discussion on this issue, it will become a "topwatcher" and the priority will change.
  • Hire a developer and provide a pull request. PrestaShop is an open source project, and the main contributor is the PrestaShop company and its employees. However, contributing code is open to anyone with skills. If a good solution is submitted, it will be reviewed, tested and merged.
As stated previously, there are many issues open regarding the product page. And, in the 1.7.7 roadmap, a lot of work is scheduled on the product page, so this issue should be fixed in the next version. If you want to check, please do, the roadmap is available on GitHub:
  • 1.7.7 (but the definitive roadmap is not finished yet on GitHub)
I am currently reviewing an article about the project management, and particularly, the process used to create the roadmap for each version. I hope this will be published soon.

Oh, and BTW, many very cool shops have been pushed to production in 1.7.5 since the beginning of the year. Agencies have already migrated 1.6 shops to 1.7.5 with success, and many others are reporting that they are waiting for 1.7.6 and the summer, usually a calm period for shop owners.

Many big shops are running a 1.7.x, with happy users and maintainers, since last year.

So, yes, using a 1.7 in production is a serious thing, with serious people doing it. I met many of them at PS Connect in Lyon, and at PrestaShop Day Paris. And there are other good feedback in other countries where there are events.

• Like 1

I guess that's where we're differ. From the merchant's point of view, any bug that prevents him for a long while from running his business optimally is critical, and not trivial! He doesn't care whether the programmers remove a few blanks here and there or indent a passage for the sake of the flawlessness of the code. His or her business is in the real world. And it's all about the shop running without your hair standing on end.

1 hour ago, ttoine said:

Many big shops are running a 1.7.x, with happy users and maintainers, since last year.

Yes, every day many of those happy users report new bugs and problems in the PrestaShop forum. 😊

Where are there positive discussions? This was once the case in this forum - but quite a while before you joined Prestashop.

Believe it or not: I still love Prestashop (except 1.7). But, no offence, I've heard this praise of the many big successful 1.5 or 1.6 or 1.7 shops (allways without naming any well-known name) for years now. Your predecessors have sung this song, too. Step by step it's just annoying, because Prestashop's market share seems to have been stagnating for years. This is the truth about 1.7:

image.png.d73ae74f2bad398ceff704859ce2bafc.png

Edited by Martijn++ (see edit history)

Okay guys...I just asked a question :)
Of course you can't see positive words on forum. If everything is working fine we are not writing here to use developers time. By the way if you think like how many people using prestashop and how many issues are reported it's turns out it's not that bad...
We have issues with windows as well but still using it right? :)

And, I don't know for BuiltWith and What CMS, but other statistics are very good for PrestaShop:
- in 2017/2018, 270k active PrestaShop websites were crawled, and in 2019, crawlers find 300k active websites.

Stats from the W3tech:

Selection_409.png

Please note that usage of Joomla, Drupal and Magento are decreasing, while PrestaShop is steady and slightly growing
(and yes, Wordpress is eating everybody, but it's more about content than shops, and yes again, Shopify is here to stay for shop owner who prefer SaaS to avoid tech and maintenance)