Customer review module that plays well with google merchant.

Prestashop does a pretty good job populating the product pages with in the 'microformat' Google looks for when indexing your product. However for some reason PS doesn't have a native customer review module, so anytime your product page is indexed by Google, it gives warnings because the review fields such as: 'aggregateRating', 'review', 'author' and 'reviewRating' fields simply don't exist. The other problem is PS loads the product data using 'microformat' whereas Google prefers to see it in 'JSON-LD' format.

On the product pages I'd like to get those review fields populated so I don't get warnings when Google crawls my product pages. I'd also like to have the product data in the JSON-LD format. 

There are a half dozen moderately expensive modules that claim to optimize product pages to play nice with Google, and include a customer review feature with a lot of bells and whistles for front end design. I'm proficient in modifying templates and designing through the backend so I don't need an overbloated, wysiwyg module. Just something that puts my product data in JSON-LD format and offers a simple customer review module that populates the review fields referenced above.

Anybody find a simple module(s) that can do this without cost $300+?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@rkk

I got this suggestion for 1.7.6 from @Janett

The module for 1.7.6 is named productcomments and author is PrestaShop.

Go to your back office > Modules & Services > Module Catalog

In search bar, search productcomments

You should see only one Module with author PrestaShop

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 11:57 AM, fjutt said:

@rkk

I got this suggestion for 1.7.6 from @Janett

Awesome suggestion, so glad they made it a native feature.. Rolling back all of the customization I made in 1.7.5 and going to try out 1.7.6.

Thanks!