Jack

Gift Certificate Modules

Is there a Gift Certificate module?

I am looking for a module that when my customers purchased a Gift Certificate for someone or themselves, they can redeem it later on, and the amount will be auto adjusted and only show the remaining amount after the purchase. Is there a module similar to this that I can modify it? Do you have any idea that can share it with me?

Thanks for your help.

I think you can make it with the standard PS shop.

Make an artikel called "Gift Certificate" and some price's 10, 20, 30, 40 euro or choose price (options)

When the customer buy a gift cert. you make a vouchernumber (Payments=>voucher). Jou can select all customers or select customers and other options in de backoffice from PS.
Then mail the vouchercode to the customer.

Voila!

• Like 1

I think you can make it with the standard PS shop.

Make an artikel called "Gift Certificate" and some price's 10, 20, 30, 40 euro or choose price (options)

When the customer buy a gift cert. you make a vouchernumber (Payments=>voucher). Jou can select all customers or select customers and other options in de backoffice from PS.
Then mail the vouchercode to the customer.

Voila!

Thanks for the idea. I will try it. Thanks

works like a charm!

Thanks Digisli

Edit: well I thought it did but it obviously didn't. See next posts!

The voucher system still needs work. I can't use it very well the way it is.

There is no confirmation of gift certificate balance in the order confirmation, either. This is how it looks now:
Total products: $12.19
Total Gift Certificates: $25.00
Total shipping: $0.00
Total: $0.00
There should be a line, "Gift Certificate Balance" at the bottom. And "Total" should be changed to "Total Paid".

The "My Gift Certificates" in the customer My Account section, needs adjusting. This is what you see now:
Code Description Quantity Value Minimum Cumulative Expiration date
GC25 $25 Gift Certificate 8 $25.00 none No 2009-12-15

Quantity is set in the Voucher admin under Total Quantity. This is used for allowing customers to reuse their code again and again until the voucher amount is used up. I don't think they need to see this-they don't know about the settings in the back office, so they may think that they can reuse the same amount over and over. Otherwise, if set to 1, they can't redeem the entire amount if the first purchase is less than full value. A column for remaining balance needs to be added here, after Value.

Also, for the Gift Cert module to be fully functional, there should be an option to turn off taxes and shipping. If you modify the Shipping>>Taxes>>State, then taxes are applied to everything in your store, if the customer who lives in the tax state(s) are logged in. So, taxes are applied automatically to the product of gift certificate. Not having a gift cert. module forces us to create a product category that is identical to other normal products. This really needs to be independent from the main catalog.

My frustration has been to get the taxes off. So, I had to create two products: 1) Gift Cert for CA Only and 2) Gift Cert for Non-CA States/Intl. The non-California/intl. cert is easier to handle because in the Shipping>>Taxes I can set it to "Product" and then in the product page have taxes set to None. Then, no taxes are applied at all. But for customers in the taxed state (PS does recognize a person's state when they log in), I need to create a $25 Gift Cert with the price of $22.99 so that when our tax (8.75%) is applied the final price is $25!!! Then, I have to put some note in the product about the price difference and to indicate that they should click on "Gift Cert-No shipping" in the shipping page in the checkout (I had to create that shipping level) so the cart-wide shipping setting is turned off. That looks so amateurish!!

Taxes are not that big a problem for me, but I understand it is to many others. My biggest concern is that i have set a minimum order amount to 15 euro. If I sell a giftcertificate for the amount of 25 euro's, and they order only for - let's say - 18 euro, the remaining 7 euro's are lost somewhere. If I set the voucher differently so that the certificate can be used more than once, the amount stays 25 euro's. So they can deduct 25 euro's from every order up untill they reach the 'quantity' in the voucher settings. On the emails that are send there is no mention of a remaining 7 euro's either!

The voucher system indeed is very buggy, and therefore completely useless.

A test

Image 1 shows 2 products in cart, and 1 voucher (25 euro). It gets deducted from the grand total, but no sign of the remaining money, or even a negative number.

Image 2 shows the exact same thing when checking out...

The order is swiftly processed as there is nothing to pay for the client. The orderamount is lower than the voucher so the status goes to 'paid'. Which is a good thing if it wasn't for image number 3...

Image 3 shows the vouchers, on the clients page. The 25 euro voucher (test3) is there but can't be used anymore. There is no sign of a new voucher with the remaining amount. Setting the quantity to more than 1, let's say 3, results in a 25 euro voucher that can be used 3 times. so 75 euro's discount.

3943_t6zMX5PwBw4NOZVvY5nF_t

3944_Z7AJSfcND9fkwLfw8SxJ_t

3945_mtduzAOlFb0XKNPhPycI_t

I think that gift certificate's must ALWAYS sold WITHOUT Tax anyway. Because you sold no products, only payments in advanced. Otherwise you pay's twice Tax, 1 for the Gift-cert. and 1 for the products when you sold it (with the gift certificate) When you sell to difference state's or country's also you have to deal with diff. tax rate's. Only complicate.

Here in the Netherlands the Tax Duety also says that selling of gift-certificates are Tax Free. When you buy products than you must pay tax over the products.
http://www.belastingdienst.nl/zakelijk/omzetbelasting/ob04/ob04-69.html

Greetz

Thanks digisli

I am aware that giftcerts in NL are taxfree. But obviously that's another problem all by itself. The voucher system does not work the way it should. If you buy a 25 euro giftcert from me, and spend it on a 15 euro order, the remaining 10 euro's are -swoosh- gone!

Thanks digisli

I am aware that giftcerts in NL are taxfree. But obviously that's another problem all by itself. The voucher system does not work the way it should. If you buy a 25 euro giftcert from me, and spend it on a 15 euro order, the remaining 10 euro's are -swoosh- gone!

I worked on this problem more than a week and I still can not get it. I run into the same problem as you have.....

I'm currently using ZenCart and want to move over to Prestashop. The big stopper is the gift cards! Do you not have a module yet? My customers use that feature current and I would hate to take that away!

I've tried to find a way to decrease the giftamount after ordering, but didn't get much further than destroying my site :)
Oh well - that's why you make backups.

Still, the vouchersystem needs some real attention.

Does any body has a solution on this topic? Has anybody made a gift certificate module, paid or free? I have tried to use the Vouchers, but no luck for that. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :roll:

I will - as soon as I finish some projects here - start on making a gift certificate module. It seems to be something in high demand.

--Kevin

I will - as soon as I finish some projects here - start on making a gift certificate module. It seems to be something in high demand.

--Kevin

You just made my day... :coolsmile:

--Kevin

It will be our honor to have your help.

Do we have this module yet? I am very eager to get this module....Thanks.

I totally forgot about this thread, I'm going to start working on it ASAP, but it will still take a while...
I will be back shortly with something!

--Kevin

I totally forgot about this thread, I'm going to start working on it ASAP, but it will still take a while...
I will be back shortly with something!

--Kevin

Thank you very much

Do we have the gift certificate module yet? I can't wait to get it? Or is it out and I just did not find it in the forum? :-/

well i guess that he's forget once again... :-)

I didn't forget, its been really hectic here for the past.... a long time. This is actually something I am interested in starting on. I have to get a pen an paper and get some things worked out in my head before I start tho.
--Kevin

The way of issuing gift certificates as vouchers is all well and good, if the person the gift certificate is for a current user.
So you can create a voucher code, only allowing one user to use it once.
So, any update on this module?

The method I plan on using will not use the voucher method, it is too limited to be used as a gift certificate. I will be creating an entirely new process.

--Kevin

I will be creating an entirely new process.

--Kevin

Wow, what an exciting waiting..... :lol:

Just to touch base here, I have started on this module and expect to release it soon-ish. No promise on a date or anything as I am not sure what kind of roadblocks I will run into, as im sure they will come around soon enough.

--Kevin

Hello,

Such module is under developing by PrestaWorks Team.

The module is almost done, we just need to test it see if we missed something else. Wi will probaly release it at the end of this week or at the start of next one.

Have a nice time.

Ah damnit. Sure enough, as soon as I start on something the PS team goes "NOWAIT!!!!! WE HAVE ONE!".

So, nevermind then I guess. Apparently the PS team wants to work on modules instead of core features. Who knows.

--Kevin

Ah damnit. Sure enough, as soon as I start on something the PS team goes "NOWAIT!!!!! WE HAVE ONE!".

So, nevermind then I guess. Apparently the PS team wants to work on modules instead of core features. Who knows.

--Kevin

Kevin,

Just want you to know. I am waiting for the module from you. I know your work quality. If you set up a donation box, I will make a donation to you instead of paying to someone else. Thank you very much for all of your help.

Alright guys, ill continue on my module. ;)
Thanks for the support.

--Kevin

Thanks for the support.

--Kevin

----------------
Is this modul ready? If so, where could I download it from?
Thanks.

Thanks for the support.

--Kevin

How is your module coming? The other one by Prestaworks looks great but it's always good to have a competition. Brings prices down!!!! :)

Hi Kevin,

How is the module coming? Very appreciated your work. Thank you.

Kevin, Dont be shy now! Keep working on that module. Lets keep Prestashop free - or at least as close to free as we can! Its community minded guys like you that encourage me to promote open source (and to learn a lot on the way).

I am interested in a gift card module as well!

Me too :exclaim:

Kevin,

Its time you rose from the dead and completed this module. We are all keen to use it. We know that we can buy one for a bucket load of euros but the problem with that is you are then unable to get the support and development you need as your store grows. Prestashop modules developed by users in the community tend to result in better modules and better support from all kinds of people.

Please tell us if yo are still developing this module!

Ox40

My men.
Is your module finished?
Because i never buy a module from Prestaworks anymore do lack off support. >:-(
When they have the money? they are finished with you.
Ill transfer you money if you released your giftcard module soon.

Don't leave us with empty hands mate. :-)

Sorry for the bad English.

Ox40

My men.
Is your module finished?
Because i never buy a module from Prestaworks anymore do lack off support. >:-(
When they have the money? they are finished with you.
Ill transfer you money if you released your giftcard module soon.

Don't leave us with empty hands mate. :-)

Sorry for the bad English.

I didn't know we took peoples money and then where finished with them.. a few days ago I helped one of our customers make some minor changes to his module he bought to add a new feature that he needed. And today I helped answered another customers questions about some installation problems he had.
So, what module did you buy and what problem did you have?

To be honest, this has always been my hesitation. Buy the module and then fin that there is no one in the community who is able/willing to help you use it. Big fear. Kinda like buying the wrong size tyre for your car. It is nice to hear from Ruilong that, "it ain't necessarily so..."

To be honest, this has always been my hesitation. Buy the module and then fin that there is no one in the community who is able/willing to help you use it. Big fear. Kinda like buying the wrong size tyre for your car. It is nice to hear from Ruilong that, "it ain't necessarily so..."

If you have that fear, you can always buy the module from prestastore.com the prestashop team test the modules / themes uploaded there so that it works (function testing).
also about 30% of the sale goes to the team.

A few monthes ago I bought the prestawork module and it does nothing ! I mean it creates a gift vouncher and credit the buyer, and so ? If I buy a gift vouncher it's not for me but for someone else ? I though customers could buy a gift voucher and send it to a friend but no ! So if someone else develope a module I will be more than happy.

I am sure prestastore has many good modules, but we were hesitant and so we didn't buy one. Instead, we have made the voucher in to a product. A customer buys the voucher and we send it to them - or who ever they bought it for - as a gift certificate with a voucher code.

A unique voucher code is created in the usual way under payments in the back office. If a customer uses the voucher then it shows up in their order. If there is any amount still left then we send them another certificate with the balance.

It requires a little bit of manual handling but it works well. The customer gets a hard copy of a nice certificate which is suitable as a gift so its more personal and it's easy for us to manage.

If you go to our website and look at the product details for our Gift Certificates you will see that we have explained to the customer how it works.

http://www.gamesfromeverywhere.com.au/147-100-gift-certificate.html

That should give you some idea of how we process and issue the certificate. There are probably better ways, but so far this system hasn't broken down and it hasn't cost us anything to set up - just the paper to print the certificate on and a stamp to send it out!

You have a good system and I'll do like you but I will be interesting to have something automatic. I find something very interesting on a website, customers buy a gift voucher and they decide the value, if they want 113 dollars they just write the amount, they don't have to by 100 +10 +3 for example, they write the message and the email of their friend, and in the back office you just have to validate the voucher, you can also create in the back office a personal voucher for someone and send it via email. I don't know which system it is, you can see it here :
http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/giftcert.php?
I would love to have the same on Prestashop

A few monthes ago I bought the prestawork module and it does nothing ! I mean it creates a gift vouncher and credit the buyer, and so ? If I buy a gift vouncher it's not for me but for someone else ? I though customers could buy a gift voucher and send it to a friend but no ! So if someone else develope a module I will be more than happy.

Hi,

Can't say that the voucher is tied to the customer, the customer gets the code for the voucher in his email, but other people can use it also.
  • Like 1

Hello All,
I was wondering if there was any gift cert options that dont use the onetime voucher system? It seams like a lot of extra work to figure out how much is left on a gift card and then reissue a new card every time some one orders something. We have a store with hundreds of orders coming in a day and this would just bog us down like no other.
Thanks

I don't think anybody is making it at all.

I just purchased http://www.prestaworks.com gift card module. It did nothing. It only create a voucher code for you. That is it. The system will not send out the code for you. The buyer has to email the code to the receiver. It is a waste of your money. Don't buy it.

Highly not recommend.

Hmm it would have been nice with a gift certificate module that produces a nice PDF-document that you can print - so it looks like a real gift certificate! :)

By the way, Ruilong, I wasn't suggesting that you or prestaworks/prestastore were dishonest. I was only relating a fear I have - a fear of the unknown.

Really need a gift certificate module that will create a product gift certificate that has no tax added for customers who live in a taxable state. This is the law in Canada; there's no tax charged when buying a gift certificate, they are sold at cash value.

yes in need here too!!!
pleeease :)
I would love it to create a pdf, one that we can customize to look good as a real gift card, (html file to adjust) and a unique code auto created

any progress?

I too would love to have a module which would allow someone to purchase a gift voucher to their specified value and have the voucher emailed to them to print.

Anyone?

That is exactly what i also search, where you will find a module for the PS V1.4.1 / 1.4.2 ?

Hello...

i need a module which would allow someone to purchase a gift voucher to their specified value and have the voucher emailed to them to print. And the code made as attachment of pdf file in the email.

Is there any? Even PREMIUM module is not a problem... the modules exist not that good.

Please help.

i have had the same problem. there are a couple of posts on my problem, but I have not had time to test them. the topic heading is prestashop 1.4.8.2 fatal error at checkout with voucher. If you have the time to try the suggestions please let me know if they work for you. I will not have a chance to test them out for a while. Thanks