Loosing money is not a critical bug

Casper_O

Recently I found out, that we lost money when we sold discounted products to customers outside EU. Searching for an solution, i found that an other person have experince the same issue and suggested a solution. Later his issue report where closed, but the bug is stil there in 1.7 also, as far i can tell.

For example, with a 21% taxes when the product costs 100€ and it has an specific price of 10€ tax included total price should be 90€ tax included. 
Without taxes should be: 
original price: 82,64€ 
discount: 8,26 € 
total price: 74,34 €
The problem is that the discount is always 10€.

Fact is, that Prestashop told me, that this is not a critical bug. Loosing money is not a critical bug....

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/14023#event-2391714009

• Like 1

Prestashop calculates all prices on net values, so without tax. That has always been so. So you should re-think your logic, than you will not have any problems on loosing money. Also for the problem with cent rounding there are modules free and paid available  😉

Hello @Casper_O

thank you for your solution at Github, which will certainly help many of us who still stick to 1.6:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/14023/commits/451b1f827a8a853c249e5199bc9f68bd360cf1d1

It might be a good idea to post such improvements here in the forum in the future.  The Prestashop developer team seems to be working hard to make 1.6 as unattractive as possible. Therefore, even known bugs are only fixed in 1.7. However, I dare to doubt that their plans will work. Bit by bit they have to get desperate because even after 2 1/2 years they still haven't managed to release a market-ready stable version of 1.7. Only the clueless guys change to 1.7. Experienced users or agencies (especially in their home country France) avoid this unfinished hybrid version called 1.7. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 7:18 AM, selectshop.at said:

Prestashop calculates all prices on net values, so without tax.

Except for discounts made with the "including taxes" as i write, and that is the issue.

Yes you could make the discount excluding tax and it would also "work" around the problem, instead of fixing it

@Martijn++ i'll post what i find on the forum, but most likely also to other branch of 1.6 that seems to pickup issue and fix them faster