bnadauld

Messed my database with Delete Orders Free - MyPresta.eu

Posted (edited)

I installed  Delete Orders Free - MyPresta.eu and its screwed my shop up. Every time a existing customer places an order they get a ' transaction ID is not unique ' error. the payment goes though via paypal but nothing is saved in prestashop. You can imagine how damaging this is for our business - taking orders and money but not knowing what orders we have.

If anyone can help?

This really is the last straw for me with prestashop.

tbh though i dont really know where to go? when it works it works. then it goes tits up and everything f's up.... I know the worst thing about it for me is the amount of time youve/ive invested in preatashop, you think your going ok with the problems and really ur just a retard that doesn really know anything. Its like a timebomb - sitting there ticking - waiting.

Edited by bnadauld
typo (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Ok thanks.

I wonder if its possible to Frankenstein my db and import _ps orders from a backup and create new entries?

Edited by bnadauld (see edit history)

I uploaded an backup of an old db. I hope that it fixes the issue?? but until one of my existing customers make another purchase i wont be able to tell... Shame because the module would have come in handy.

hace 57 minutos, bnadauld dijo:

I uploaded an backup of an old db. I hope that it fixes the issue?? but until one of my existing customers make another purchase i wont be able to tell... Shame because the module would have come in handy.

Make a test order yourself!!

hace 21 horas, bnadauld dijo:

Ok thanks.

I wonder if its possible to Frankenstein my db and import _ps orders from a backup and create new entries?

I suppose that you'd only need to recreate AUTOINCREMENT value from this table. But @vekia is the developer and could help you better. Although this is a free module..

@bnadauld you should contact the developer even if it is free module as @joseantgv mentioned but as far as I'm aware @vekia is no longer updating his modules and his support is very poor. Recreate AUTOINCREMENT with some high number and do not install old modules.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mr_absinthe said:

@bnadauld you should contact the developer even if it is free module as @joseantgv mentioned but as far as I'm aware @vekia is no longer updating his modules and his support is very poor. Recreate AUTOINCREMENT with some high number and do not install old modules. 

what is AUTOINCREMENT ?

It is a database feature that is auto incrementing Id of every entry in database. If Your last entry had ID ie: 436 then next one will automatically receive 437. If You will delete manualy 437 then Your last entry in database will be 436 but the next entry will have 438 instead. To avoid this You need to edit table structure in phpMyAdmin and edit autoincreament last value to desired one.

but... You still will have to clean up entire database like order_details, order_invoice, order_carrier etc etc etc so it is really hard to do if it is messed up because they are still using id's that are deleted from ps_orders for example. Backup is true savior here.

P.S I used this module in the past and I didn't had issues with it but until I found that in UE deleting orders is illegal then I stopped it.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, hakeryk2 said:

It is a database feature that is auto incrementing Id of every entry in database. If Your last entry had ID ie: 436 then next one will automatically receive 437. If You will delete manualy 437 then Your last entry in database will be 436 but the next entry will have 438 instead. To avoid this You need to edit table structure in phpMyAdmin and edit autoincreament last value to desired one.

but... You still will have to clean up entire database like order_details, order_invoice, order_carrier etc etc etc so it is really hard to do if it is messed up because they are still using id's that are deleted from ps_orders for example. Backup is true savior here.

P.S I used this module in the past and I didn't had issues with it but until I found that in UE deleting orders is illegal then I stopped it.

i installed a backup db but i still have the same issue for my existing customers (the issue does not happen with new customers).. Can you tell me how to 'autoincreament last value to desired one'? please.

Really appreciate any help - this is driving me mad (as usual)

For me it looks like You need to hire someone because this is huge deal with a lot of relations between tables. It cannot be solved just like that through forum - it needs to be checked by a person with experience on a live organism.

The Delete Orders Free module problem might have been a red herring. I contacted the developer of the 'PayPal Payments Standard' module who told me to install a brand new version. Will see if it sorts out the issue. It might turn out that my installation of the Delete Orders Free module problem and subsequent reinstall of my old database may have coincided with the malfunction of the PayPal Payments Standard module.

I'll have to wait until an existing customer makes another purchase.

Will keep u posted