Cannot uninstall/deactivate modules in BackOffice

AlighaThor

Hi everyone. I cannot uninstall/deactivate modules in my BackOffice in Prestashop 1.7.5.1. Some red strange error pops up with:

Error! Could not perform action disable for module undefined

In some other site I read it may be folders permissions problem. I'm on a shared hosting. I have checked, and all my folders are 755 and files 644.

I managed to do it simply by renaming the module's folder I want to deactivate. But I'm unware of what's happening with the normal options in the BackOffice.

Thanks in advance. Good day.

Problem come from cache, on uninstall a module, Prestashop try to clear cache.

If cache is big, process to clear cache can be too long due to high amount of files to delete or if you have a quota of IO (read/write limitation on disk).

So cache is not cleared entirely and this can cause some problems like this one.

Try to delete every folders and files inside /var/cache/ and Prestashop will regenerate them properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/24/2019 at 1:30 AM, Janett said:

Problem come from cache, on uninstall a module, Prestashop try to clear cache.

If cache is big, process to clear cache can be too long due to high amount of files to delete or if you have a quota of IO (read/write limitation on disk).

So cache is not cleared entirely and this can cause some problems like this one.

Try to delete every folders and files inside /var/cache/ and Prestashop will regenerate them properly.

Hi,

it works for me also.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

some people didnt solve module undefined problem after delete file in cache. Pls notice the following setting

backoffice/Advanced Parameter/Smarty/Template compilation - force compilation. Clear cache - Clear cache everytime something has been modified. Everything works fine now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I can not update my modules, I get the error and I just follow this :

On 5/24/2019 at 10:08 AM, Janett said:

It's 100% safe to delete, rename it to cache_old is totally useless, PrestaShop will regenerate all files in cache

Remember what I say, do not delete /var/cache/ but all files and folders INSIDE

I tried to do that, but now I get an error when I go to "admin/index.php/improve/modules/manage" :

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

When I put the debug mode I get that :

FatalErrorException

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Compile Error: Cannot declare class SizeGuide, because the name is already in use

Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException

in modules/pksizeguide/models/SizeGuide.php (line 0)

What can I do ?

Edited by Archimed (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2019 at 5:21 PM, leozhang84 said:

some people didnt solve module undefined problem after delete file in cache. Pls notice the following setting

backoffice/Advanced Parameter/Smarty/Template compilation - force compilation. Clear cache - Clear cache everytime something has been modified. Everything works fine now.

tried this also, it didn't work for my Prestashop 1.7.7.1.

'Could not perform action uninstall for module undefined'.

2 minutes ago, U1yss said:

the problem seems to exists with one particular module: Pluglin - Machine and professional translation Module by PrestaShop Partners

You can't reset the module either? Won't let you install again or update? I would try to manually delete it. But is up to you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ComGrafPL said:

You can't reset the module either? Won't let you install again or update? I would try to manually delete it. But is up to you.

yes, neither reset nor uninstall.

Enable/disable works.

To manually delete the module I believe I need to remove the folder and the entries from the database. Never done the latter, first need to find it

• 1 year later...

the same issue here: PS 1.7.8.7 - cannot Configure/Uninstall/Reset PrestaShop Metrics ((

already tried this "dance" with no results: https://www-prestaweb-fr.translate.goog/error-could-not-perform-action-reset-for-module-undefined/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=wapp 

ended up deleting folder ps_metrics from /modules

Edited by Yulia Vitun (see edit history)