Error updating to 1.6.24 - unexpected 'use' (T_USE)

sgtz

Last night I decided to update from 1.6.1.20 to 1.6.1.24 using the 1-click upgrade module. After upgrading to 1.6.1.24 without any error I returned to production.

Everything worked fine until I tried to open the modules page getting  this error. The site was working perfectly fine before upgrading. No modules were added after the update. Cache was cleared both manually and automatically. Turned the prestashop debug option "ON" but no error is returned other than the one shown below.The configuration page shows no errors (required parameters and optional parameters OK). MySQL version is 5.7.22. Server version is Apache/2.4.7 and PHP is 7.0.33-1+ubuntu14.04.1+deb.sury.org+1

I am quite concerned, since this one is a production site. Can anyone please provide any guidance on how to resolve this ?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'use' (T_USE) in /var/www/html/nvstore/classes/module/Module.php(1361) : eval()'d code on line 31
[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/var/www/html/nvstore/classes/module/Module.php(1361) : eval()'d code:
syntax error, unexpected 'use' (T_USE)

Thanks in advance,

Already resolved !!

Going module by module I started disabling any one not belonging to the original prestashop suite.

A module named "pagofacil" seems to be incompatible with this new version of prestashop. Just renamed the module and immediately got access to the modules page.

Will keep this post here for anyone having similar issues.

Aditional update.

I can still use the "pagofacil" module renamed as "pagofacil-old". But If I return to the original name the modules pages return again the same error.

So.... the solution is to keep the new name.

Will let to the experts to identify why this worked and why I can´t use the old name, despite having erased the full cache, both manually and automatically even with the cache turned off.

Regards,