Trying to install 1.6.1.10 but when an error

I am downloading 1.6.1.10 because 1.7 need some work and I am extremely comfortable with the environment of the earlier version. I have 6 stores running 1.6.1.10 smooth, and I wanted to install a new one, so I downloaded the stable version from the prestashop website, and I encounter the following error which like I mentioned, I have never had an issue with that version before.

Fatal error: Class 'Tools' not found in /home/content/13/8897513/html/fitnesscostarica/config/defines_uri.inc.php on line 83

17 hours ago, tivicrdotcom said:

I am downloading 1.6.1.10 because 1.7 need some work and I am extremely comfortable with the environment of the earlier version. I have 6 stores running 1.6.1.10 smooth, and I wanted to install a new one, so I downloaded the stable version from the prestashop website, and I encounter the following error which like I mentioned, I have never had an issue with that version before.

Fatal error: Class 'Tools' not found in /home/content/13/8897513/html/fitnesscostarica/config/defines_uri.inc.php on line 83

I can understand that 1.6 -> 1.7 requires some work but why stay on 1.6.1.10 and not upgrade to 1.6.1.24 ? It's a patch version, no behavior should change. It only protects you and increases the php compatibility scope.

I downloaded the 1.6.1.24 but it's a patch version  like you said, I have to get up and running the 1.6.1.10 first which has the install file, I just don't don't why it's giving me issues a fresh install, then I can upgrade to the patched version.