problem login into Prestashop ADMIN section

basmistry

I have a problem - can't login into Prestashop admin!!

Tried to reset Password - just in case but no luck

type in username and password keeps asking to login - NO error
if I deliberately type in wrong username or password - I receive an error

I've checked all the settings, cleared the cache - no luck

Front end of the Shop is OK

Prestashop 1.6.1.8 - using PHP 5.6

(Fontend seems OK upto PHP 7.0)

Any ideas on what to try next welcome

Extra info:

I restored to this site's Backup from November 18 to another Server and subfolder of public_html

I still can't login - if I put wrong info I get an error saying employee does not exist but with correct info - I get the login box seems to refresh but that's all!

I've now set the PHP to 5.6

BTW: Fontend works fine.

Although I set the site up 3 years ago... I'm no expert and now stuck!

Edited by basmistry
Etra information (see edit history)

This is the Prestashop admin login loop. 

Unfortunately there is no standard solution for it. I have been in it too a few times. Fortunately after sometime I got out - wondering what I had done different.

You can search the internet for "Prestashop admin login loop" for suggestions.

A few of the options that you can try are:

- empty the cache (can be done with Prestools without entering the backoffice).

- delete .htaccess

- try another browser/computer

- use https instead of http (
 -  disable apache mod security

- use localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 

- disable the option "Check the IP address on the cookie" in preferences

- check that you have the right settings in the ps_shop_url table
 - change settings in the ps_configuration_table: PS_COOKIE_LIFETIME_BO=480;  PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP= 0
 - Changed  "PS_CIPHER_ALGORITHM" from 1 to 0.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Very strange - losing trust in Prestashop

Restored backup from Nov 18 - same (cleared cache etc)
I had made a WORKING copy of the site in March 18 before a lot of new products were added
I had forgotten about this - guess what that does NOT work either - VERY suspicious / Very strange

Installed a new copy of PS 1.6. Can obviously login
Created same user so tried copying the encrypted password to the orig site - same behavior in the orig site

still not sorted I think I need to to find a Contractor

Looks like Prestashop no longer offer ticket based Password recovery Support option !

Edited by basmistry (see edit history)

Prestashop password recovery is not difficult. Search the internet and you will find how you can reset the password. (I did it this morning).

The big question is whether this is the password or the login loop bug.

The forum is full of people who for a bit of money will look at your problem if you don't want to invest time yourself.

Hi,

Yes, I did see that the Password was being accepted but seems to just loop back to login !

I did a bit of googling as you suggested for loop bug and came across a post about CIPHER

change in database table > ps_configuration - search for CIPHER_ALGORITHM and change value from 1 to 0

No real idea what it does but has fixed my issue

This only happens to me when my admin tries to open up on the dashboard tab. If i get logged out but the site is still on my browser open to a different tab, then it will prompt me to log in and it opens up right away. Im having lots of problems with the dashboard loading super slow.  Is there a way that I can "SET" the admin access page to open on a different page like customers or orders? So that logging in won't time out from issues with the dashboard.  

1 hour ago, CndCarrie said:

This only happens to me when my admin tries to open up on the dashboard tab. If i get logged out but the site is still on my browser open to a different tab, then it will prompt me to log in and it opens up right away. Im having lots of problems with the dashboard loading super slow.  Is there a way that I can "SET" the admin access page to open on a different page like customers or orders? So that logging in won't time out from issues with the dashboard.  

Go to employees in the backoffice and edit your account

• Like 1