Add to cart button not working for multiple customers

sampsonzak

In general, my prestashop works well and I am happy with it, but over the past year and a half I have had multiple people complain the 'add to cart' button does nothing.

I assume this is due to the AJAX cart and a possible pop-up blocker/adblocker which is not ideal.

I have tried disabling the AJAX cart, but disabling makes me unable to add anything to my cart at all, which I think may be an issue due to my custom theme as that may interfere with how the checkout works.

Does anyone else have/or had this problem and managed to fix it or a work-around to make pop-up blockers ignore the ajax cart? Is this possible?

I would appreciate all and any help as it is disappointing to hear emails from customers who have this problem (not to mention the majority who have this problem who probably don't even bother contacting me, just straight up ignore it and that's a lost customer!)

Anyone have any advice for me, tips and tricks? Anything alike would be highly appreciated!

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It probably related to the browsers. If you are using Windows+Chrome, maybe your clients are using Mac+Safari or vice versa. Or maybe desktop version works okay, bet phone version doesn't work.

You need to test on as many different environment as you can get you hands on. 

If your clients writes to you, you can always ask him: what OS he is using? what browser he is using? Did he tried to buy on desktop or mobile?

I think it must be, I have asked multiple of my customers (they are all quite elderly, very non-technical / IT literate, so it's difficult to even ask them to send me a picture over email).

I think it is a problem with the AJAX cart. Something is blocking it from registering the add to cart button. Pop-up blockers, ad blockers. I will try a couple browsers (Most likely Internet Explorer or something causing the issue).

I'll try and find out more and update this thread. In total I've had around 8 different people say they can't add to cart. No doubt I've lost quite a few more customers who didn't even bother emailing/contacting. Need to get this sorted asap. :(

it's helpful to provide front office link, probably a lot of community members could check and provide feedback...I suggest posting link, you can delete it later...now we must ask 20 questions and who has time to do that?  so I'll ask what I have time for...

if you are running cache as a module or cdn (for more than images)....both of these create unpredictable behaviors in PS that are not easy to recreate....clients with described behavior often had a ps caching module or configured their cdn to cache more than images.

check your apache error log....

use a service like rollbar to report .js .php errors.  this gives you heads up when a problem is occuring and can be useful when cust reports issue....do NOT rely on PS debug mode.

check that your hosting did not upgrade your php level without your knowledge, this happens a lot.

upgrade to latest stable PS...

use chrome inspect and look at console for .js errors/warnings

oops out of time...happy ps'ing

el

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it. I've compiled a list of all the people who had an issue. I've emailed them all instructions which will provide me details of their browser - if javascript is enabled, cookies, browser version etc etc.

Once they get back to me (Hoping atleast a couple of them will!) Then I will take a look.

It seems about 99% can order fine. But this year around ~7 people have reported this issue, so I do definitely need to fix it. I use a custom theme though, so I have a bad feeling that may be causing it.

I will investigate a little further and update you all, and post the link shortly to see if anyone can spot it - but for most it is never a problem, so it will be hard!!

• Like 1