Upgrade fails !!

When trying to manually upgrade PrestaShop from 1.7.4.4 to 1.7.5.2 it fails with this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException: Invalid service "prestashop.module.link_block.cache": class "PrestaShop\Module\LinkList\Cache\LegacyLinkBlockCache" does not exist. in /var/www/www.xxxx-dev.dk/www/shop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/AbstractRecursivePass.php:123 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/www.xxxx-dev.dk/www/shop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/AbstractRecursivePass.php(150): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\AbstractRecursivePass->getConstructor(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Definition), true) #1 /var/www/www.xxxx-dev.dk/www/shop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/ResolveNamedArgumentsPass.php(50): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\AbstractRecursivePass->getReflectionMethod(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Definition), '__construct') #2 /var/www/www.xxxx-dev.dk/www/shop/vendor/symfony/sy in /var/www/www.xxxx-dev.dk/www/shop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/AbstractRecursivePass.php on line 123

I followed this description: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/

This is really frustrating that it is SO hard to upgrade PrestaShop - this should just work !!! That makes me think about switching to another shop system !

Edited by rbuelund (see edit history)

Finally got it working! 

What I did:

1) Set PHP version to 7.1.5

2) Deleted all files in folder modules/ps_linklist

3) Upgraded with 1-click (latest version)

4) Under modules - upgraded Linklist module to 3.0.3

5) Changed to PHP version 7.3.5

• Like 1

• 5 months later...