Adding languages

So after setting up my website I added several languages for people I thought might use my site based on past shipments. My main site has all been configured in English, and I thought the translations would convert my products, pages and policies to whatever language is chosen. However I noticed if I manually choose a different language all the modules and pages use a default message, not the ones I changed it to in English. How do I translate the pages to be the text I wrote in English to be spanish or whatever. Hope this makes sense.

Example: The about us page in spanish says 

"About us

Our company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet conse ctetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididun.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet conse ctetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet conse ctetur adipisicing elit.

• Top quality products
  • Best customer service
  • 30-days money back guarantee"

My English version talks about me and how I got started with the site and all that.

Does no one know the answer to this? How do I get my english products to translate into other languages? I tried disabling all languages except US english and then my products had 404 error, so I re enabled all the languages I previously installed and the products came back. I'm worried poking around in this area will screw up the site, but what good are translations if it doesn't actually translate my products and pages? I just have generic terms of service, about me, etc in the languages that aren't US English. 

EDIT: Will "You can add or update a language directly from the PrestaShop website here." this area do what I want if I update the languages I installed? Will it carry over to the products and other pages? 

Edited by wannaspeed (see edit history)

Translation only works for PrestaShop and modules which have translation. 

Nobody know what exactly to write in product description, so there is no way for anybody to prepare translations automatically.

However there are modules that allow you to use Google translate to translate your product descriptions. https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=translations