Importing CSV gets timeout error

Amin Vatandoust

Hi

I want to import a product CSV file into my shop, also watermark module is enabled to. when I upload the CSV file (which is less than 10 products in it) I have to wait about 3 minutes and then it shows me "Timeout error". In my server, all option sets to the maximum so I'm sure it's not about my server.

Now if I clear Image column in the CSV file and then upload it, it will complete importing in just 2-3 seconds so Images cause this problem. If I disable PrestaShop native watermark module and upload the complete file (with images) it will be done in just 3 seconds and won't get a Timeout error anymore.

My PrestaShop version is 1.6.1.23

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Hi,
You said all options are set to the maximum on your server, but if you have a timeout error it is because the image importation is very long.
It is necessary to load the images, resize them and save them.
So, it is necessary to increase the memory_size in your php.ini
Best regards,

4 hours ago, Vinum said:

Hi,
You said all options are set to the maximum on your server, but if you have a timeout error it is because the image importation is very long.
It is necessary to load the images, resize them and save them.
So, it is necessary to increase the memory_size in your php.ini
Best regards,

Hi Vinum, thanks for responding

My "memory_limit" was set to 2048M. I think it's enough for 7 products. As I mentioned, if we disable the watermark module, there is no error and even large files imports successfully.

4 hours ago, tantan199 said:

ENABLE the “Skip thumbnails regeneration” setting when importing products, generating thumbnails would take very lone, which may case time-out. Go to BO>Images page to generate thumbnails after importing.

Hi tantan199, thanks for responding

We have already more than 5000 products in our store. If I skip thumbnails regeneration while importing CSV and then generate them from settings, should I generate thumbnails for all products? (That will take so long) Is there any way to generate only missed thumbnails? can "Erase previous images" help us?

Thanks