Too many modules slow down the system?

Woxedtr

Hello there. I'm thinking about installing about 50+ modules into the system. Does this slow down the system? Is there any harm? Do modules make problems with each other?  Does this create a security issue? I'd appreciate it if you answered my questions.

Simple answer:

Who knows!

It depends on what the modules are and what they do. Who wrote them (because they can conflict) It depends on your server environment, whether you are using CDN / caches

So many variables it would be impossible to say

3 minutes ago, haylau said:

Basit cevap:

Kim bilir!

Bu, modüllerin ne olduğuna ve ne yaptıklarına bağlıdır. Onları kim yazdı (çünkü çakışabilirler) Bu, CDN / önbellek kullanıp kullanmadığınızı sunucu ortamınıza bağlıdır.

Çok fazla değişken söylemek mümkün olmaz

How do I know if they're going to create problems? What should I do? Do you have any suggestions? I'm gonna use a good server.

Trial and error

There are just too mnay variables to advise. Number of products, number of variations, size of images, number of languages, number of background processes. Is the server a shared hosting, vps, your own server. is the server close to the customers. All these affect the speed. Then add in modules. 50 modules that gather stats or sync products and sales to other platforms running every couple of minutes would drain most systems. 

And then are you talking about 50 modules, or 50 modues inclusing the standard default ones?

We have about 50 modules enabled but only or two have a big effect on performance (advanced filters, chat modules

There is no simple maths to help. it really is trial and error

1 hour ago, haylau said:

Trial and error

There are just too mnay variables to advise. Number of products, number of variations, size of images, number of languages, number of background processes. Is the server a shared hosting, vps, your own server. is the server close to the customers. All these affect the speed. Then add in modules. 50 modules that gather stats or sync products and sales to other platforms running every couple of minutes would drain most systems. 

And then are you talking about 50 modules, or 50 modues inclusing the standard default ones?

We have about 50 modules enabled but only or two have a big effect on performance (advanced filters, chat modules

There is no simple maths to help. it really is trial and error

Firstly, thank you. I'll use a good hosting or VPS. I'm going to buy and use the modules I like and need. As long as my system is good I guess I won't have much trouble. First I'll try to load it somewhere else. If there's no problem, I'il put it on my system. There are too many modules. It needs to be used. The system should not cause problems. I need these modules.