System Security

Woxedtr

Hello, as far as I know, Prestashop, like most major CMS (wordpress, magento, drupal, etc ...) do a lot of work to keep their software secure. Quite often vulnerabilities come from installed modules or themes rather than the software itself.

So for the software, you can trust prestashop I think.

Then there's several things that only depend on you. Did you protect the access to your database ? Is your password something else than "root" ? Do you run an up-to-date php version, known to be safe and maintained ? Do you use https ?

Security is a very broad topic but if you google "protect php website" you'll see that the standard practices are always the same. Follow them and you should be quite safe.

However if you are looking for an extra security level, then you should hire someone to audit your system.

6 hours ago, ksaan said:

Hello, as far as I know, Prestashop, like most major CMS (wordpress, magento, drupal, etc ...) do a lot of work to keep their software secure. Quite often vulnerabilities come from installed modules or themes rather than the software itself.

So for the software, you can trust prestashop I think.

Then there's several things that only depend on you. Did you protect the access to your database ? Is your password something else than "root" ? Do you run an up-to-date php version, known to be safe and maintained ? Do you use https ?

Security is a very broad topic but if you google "protect php website" you'll see that the standard practices are always the same. Follow them and you should be quite safe.

However if you are looking for an extra security level, then you should hire someone to audit your system.

First of all thank you for information. As I understand it, I can rely on this system in software. When I get SSL and make the necessary updates, it won't be a problem.  My clients will be safe. It will be better when I take php measures.

• 1 month later...