Customer message on order confirmation step

Hi,

I need to add a textarea for customer custom message on checkout confirmation step just before terms&conditions checkbox.

What T ha

What TPL and class /  controller do I have to modify so that the message is saved in BO customer threads?

And how?

Ty

Ok, this is the thing, I can give you a clue about how to insert the text box there, the problem is that you need save that information in some place and here is where problems start, maybe you will need acquire a module for this, here one: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/registration-ordering-process/19008-custom-fields-add-extra-field-to-checkout-order-page.html

Hi,

The text area is already inserted and the content is already read from the validation script of the payment method.

I just wanted to know if I could somehow use some existing function to save the message.

I do not need any plugin since I can save the value directly by inserting it into the database tables but I wanted to know if I could avoid this code and use a function.

Some like $this->context->order->setMessage('My custom message thread'), but setMessage fuction  is in the CheckoutSession.php file and I do not know how to load the necessary class to use it within the validation.php file of the payment method.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...