v1.7.5.1 bug with PHP v7.2 and v7.3?

Does PrestaShop v1.7.5.1 have a bug when using with PHP v7.2 or v7.3?

I did a clean install of PrestaShop v1.7.5.1 on inMotion Hosting server. During install all seemed to go well except for these 3 notifications:

a. To get the latest internationalization data upgrade the ICU system package and the intl PHP extension.
b. Install and/or enable a PHP accelerator (highly recommended).
c. Set short_open_tag to off in php.ini*. 

And during install,very last screen, I got an error asking to rerun update there was an error, along with the 200 success warning as well with success messages (warning rerun window overlaid right on top of success message which could only be read in page source code). Installed 3 different times. Finally accessed admin panel and when clicking on and shop parameter setting was getting a blank page. I turned on PrestShop error reporting and found this error on the admin main page and other pages as well:

Warning on line 48 in file /public_html/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php
[2] SessionHandler::read(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/imh-php72/sess_50f85c6d7c54913ac2bdbdc41047a8a5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)

Then when I clicked on the Shop Parameter settings page, also got lots of errors with the word "sessionsnadler" as well. That's why I was getting blank pages in my settings pages. Notice my SSL pages were turning into non-SSL pages but could not access the settings page to change since it was blank (Firefox and Chrome tested).

My hosting provider moved me from PHP v7.2 to v7.1 and the errors all went away. Bottom line, my installation of PrestaShop v1.7.5.1 is not playing well with my PHP v7.2 or v7.3. I am wondering if its a bug in this version. Or if it was just my server causing this issue. I would love to move up to v7.2 or even 7.3 but right now, its not working properly.

PHP 7.3 is not supported yet, so stay in PHP 7.2 max.

It seem you have some server configuration issue.

Please contact your hosting provider to allow PrestaShop access to /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ and subfolders and files or choose another path for the storage of session in CPanel. I never use CPanel but it seem this can be possible as you can read here : https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/982333-urgent-help-please-the-website-is-crashing-every-time-i-install-prestashop/?do=findComment&comment=3104875

• Thanks 1

Thank you Janett your solution worked! My hosting provider just changed the path in php.in from

var/cpanel/php/sessions/imh-php72

to

/tmp

Told me that /tmp is a writable folder whereas the above is not writable for scripting for security. Basically, they just changed the storage path like you suggested.