articles not found in search after uploading more pictures

Bob van der Valk

Hi, I am migrating zencart to Prestashop.  The MigrationPro module only copied the first photo of products so I wanted to add all pictures.
After some experimenting, I imported some url links of pictures in an xls file with the prestashop ID number of those products.  Seems to be the only way not to delete product content.
It worked but now the articles can not be found anymore with the search function !?  They are only visible in their category.
I looked at the database and there is no difference what so ever in these articles compared to other products I did not change, only more photo's connected to them.
Does anybody know what can be the problem?

Also column with the url links of additional pictures is restricted to 128 characters.  I need more.  Can that be changed?

I had the idea to simply upload a file with all  links of additional photo's but don't know if it's possible.  (3500 products, half of them have multiple photo's)

Thanks for your comments.

Hello Bob van der Valk,

I'm a little bit confused that we have sent you a message at 19 Aprile which you didn't return back. We need to access credentials to investigate the issue you have faced.

Please, send us the necessary information. We will help you.

We always help our customers on time and every MigrationPro customer valuable for us.

Thank you for understanding and wish you an excellent day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aha, thanks for your reply.  I didn't know you still needed this.  Great support by the way from you people at MigrationPro, the best I have seen so far !!!

I am looking myself how I can maintain the database in the future, that's why I need to know how to upload extra images.
My suppliers often starts with 1 image and later they make more detailed ones.  I need to upload them.

Thanks!

• Like 2

First all of them, we must detect the structure of your current shop to make a little bit changes on the module. Necessary required information asked you in the support thread of the module.

After that we can give some explanation for you then you can make it by yourself in the future.

Have a beautiful day.

• Like 1

All images from Zen Cart are imported by the people of Migration Pro.  Fantastic customer support !!!!  Truly amazing.

The search problem can have had something to do with indexing products.
Yesterday the Search function couln't find anything anymore and I had to re-index them in admin.
Then it worked fine again...  Probably this was the problem.

So this topic can be closed I guess.

• Like 1