I'm fed up!

 eleazar

Since I am tired of the constant fights with the current Community Manager @ttoine, who even animates other moderators to rant against me. I gladly follow his explicit request in the moderator forum of today to withdraw completely.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb ttoine:

You are annoying us with your attacks. Maybe it's time to get retired for real? (yes, this one is an attack).

@ttoine "You are annoying us with your attacks. Maybe it's time to get retired for real? (yes, this one is an attack)."

No, not really, because it's really hard for me to say goodbye to this forum and the work on the German translation after more than 7 years. I have tried for a long time to ignore that and not to let myself be influenced by this unpleasant guy in my moderation and contributions. But enough is enough!

With the expulsion of Michael Dekker, the creator of thirtybees, @ttoine started, now it's my turn. And I don't know who else he alienated. My contributions are no longer available. I have removed my contribution to the German translation - if still recognizable as such, at least 50,000 words. At the moment the translation is not complete anymore, but the approved status is about 35%. If someone simply uploads the translations again, it would be a clear violation of copyright. Btw, the guys who run the translation platform Crowdin also see it that way.

I'm sorry, guys, but I've made my work available for free all these years. Now I just set other priorities.

Take care and (hopefully) one or another keeps me in a pleasant memory!

eleazar  

Not sure how long this thread will be online, but I have to state that your leaving is a huge loss for the whole community, especially for the German speaking part of it.

I don't have all the details about what happened, but from what I saw on the public part of the forum I have to back you up because you are not attacking anyone.
In my opinion, it is more the opposite way that, If ttoine does not like to hear something, he is the one who attacks others.

Take care and keep your head up.
Hope there will be a place where it's possible to meet again. Your help was always awesome.

Edited by NSN (see edit history)

To be clear:

Eleazar started to become unmanageable for the moderator team. Mister is always criticizing all our actions, without proposing a concrete solution. He allows himself to regularly and personally attack people who disagree with him. At one point, Eleazar was event trolling some discussions between moderators on topics that were not a priority for himself. So, after trying to explain with polite and respectful answers that he must stop this behavior in order to allow a collaborative and serious work, I proposed that he get retired from the forum, for he is retired in his life too.

I will not share screenshots of Eleazar's messages posted privately or in the moderator channels. The fact that he did that show his state of mind: attack, wait for answer, and then use the answer against the person. But I would like you to know that the moderators and me got worst and more insultant messages than this proposition to get retired.

I am really sad that this end this way, after years and years of contributions and moderation. I would have liked to find an other solution, with courtesy and respect.

It seems obvious that in order to avoid that such a situation reproduces itself, put together a "Code of Conduct" is becoming a priority, like on many other open source communities. With a the target to foster open and respectful discussion, and of course, to ban insultant and vicious reactions from our community.

------

For now, this topic will stay open for discussion, until it is respectful and polite. Insultant and bad posts will be hidden. The moderators can take the initiative to close it if needed.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, El Patron said:

it's simple,  I did it,  simply retire from moderation and become regular member...much less pressure, no politics, no games...just sharing experience with community....

Totally agree with you Fred!

Saludos,

Kiko

• Like 1