Help with a theme installation

Hello all

I'm trying to install this theme:
http://www.siteground.com/template-preview/prestashop/siteground-1#

I encountered the following errors, and am not sure what to do about them:

1. config.xml is missing in your theme path.
2. This theme may not correctly use "guest checkout". You can disable this function on this page
3. This theme may not correctly use "one page checkout". You can disable this function on this page
4. This theme may not correctly use "display store location". You can disable this function on this page
5. config.xml theme file has not been created for this version of prestashop.

I don't care about the "display store location," but I do want to keep the one page checkout and guest checkout. Any help on how to make this work would be great!

Thanks!

I had the same problem, it's an easy fix!

VIA FTP
1. Download your config.xml from themes/prestashop/config.xml
2. Upload config.xml to root of themes/whateverthemefolder
3. Now try to select the new theme

The file config.xml is something seen new the orginal themes folder "prestashop" any theme before 1.4 wont have this file

• Like 1

I had the same problem, it's an easy fix!

VIA FTP
1. Download your config.xml from themes/prestashop/config.xml
2. Upload config.xml to root of themes/whateverthemefolder
3. Now try to select the new theme

The file config.xml is something seen new the orginal themes folder "prestashop" any theme before 1.4 wont have this file

I kind of made it seem bit confusing another words just copy/paste config.xml from the original themes folder "prestashop" and upload it to the root of your new themes folder, no need to edit the config.xml file.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i have the same problem, but when i copy config.xml file from original "prestashop" template to folder of my new theme, it´s OK. But when i use this theme in administration and go homepage of my shop its only white page, no text, no pictures.... Can anyone help my please??? I use prestashop 1.4 and template is too for prestashop 1.4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the same problem, it's an easy fix!<br/><br/>VIA FTP<br/>1. Download your config.xml from themes/prestashop/config.xml<br/>2. Upload config.xml to root of themes/whateverthemefolder<br/>3. Now try to select the new theme<br/><br/>The file config.xml is something seen new the orginal themes folder "prestashop" any theme before 1.4 wont have this file

This helped, thank you so much!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...