Site speed problem

wow it's dead slow.
in config/smarty.config.inc.php, do you have $smarty->force_compile = false;?

thanks for your help right now this is

$smarty->template_dir = _PS_THEME_DIR_.'tpl';
$smarty->compile_dir = _PS_SMARTY_DIR_.'compile';
$smarty->cache_dir = _PS_SMARTY_DIR_.'cache';
$smarty->config_dir = _PS_SMARTY_DIR_.'configs';
$smarty->caching = false;
$smarty->force_compile = false;
//$smarty->debugging = true;
$smarty->debug_tpl = _PS_ALL_THEMES_DIR_ . 'debug.tpl';

it's ok like you have now.
it's rather your host and your modifications involved in how fast the site is. If it's a shared host from godaddy and you have many products than that's the issue, buy a vps or a dedicated.

I saw a LOT of [removed]( for the us brand select box. Why you choose this way? why just didn't use the old fashion way?

Where do you want to host the website from?

I run dedicated and VPS servers from a number of locations around the world, e.g. UK, East and West coast USA, Romania, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur. If you want, I can set you up on a very cost effective VPS to serve your home market. This way, latency and SEO are optimised.

• 1 month later...
Where do you want to host the website from?

I run dedicated and VPS servers from a number of locations around the world, e.g. UK, East and West coast USA, Romania, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur. If you want, I can set you up on a very cost effective VPS to serve your home market. This way, latency and SEO are optimised.

Can you give the link to your sales for dedicated & VPS servers?
Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Beta-tester for the 1.4.2. With this coming version (in the next days) wou will get more speed, so take an update into consideration. My catalog has about 22.000 products with variations/combinations, on about 200 categories/sub-categories. Parse is of 3-4 wit 1.4.0.17 and 2-3 with 1.4.2. Hosted on a Raid-System 6 HD with 32 GB RAM. It's a Root server and I'm alone with 3 projects on it.