Homefeatued.tpl (1,4), what am I doing wrong?

simey

Hello Prestashop users

I am trying to create my own prestashop theme, and I want a "featured products" grid on the frontpage - hence why I am attempting to edit the prestashop\modules\homefeatured\homefeatured.tpl file.

But no matter what edits I make to the file, the "Featued products" module just stays the same.

I became frustrated and tried to delete the entire content of the file - leaving me with a blank "homefeatured.tpl" file. The module was still the same. Then I thought "does the module even read this file?" - I tried to rename it, and now the error "No template found for module homefeatured" came up.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I am using Prestashop v 1.4.17

Download a new homefeatured and delete the old module from your server&home;sides. Before uploading the new one make your edits if you re-name the module look at the old one first to see here the names need to be the same I think there is an editorial floating around you can use for a different version of home featured the .tpl file usually has the out put for the display. If you edited the wrong file and uploaded it this can be fixed maybe by getting a new one from a fresh download and re-uploading it worth a try. google- "smarty code" for help how to work with this code for modules and themes and or look at other modules to help figure out how it works. Also the global.css file located in your themes folder is used for editing the theme in your theme folder. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I have the same problem on 1.4 and I am using alternate theme. Which have another homefeatured module in its modules folder. I have tried to change/edit both homefeatured.tpl(s) but nothing happens.

Even if I have deleted some parts of it; still it displays like nothing changed. Since this is my first attempt on 1.4 it is kinda confusing. We appreciate for your help in advance.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Force compilation in Smarty. And reload the page. The values of homefeatured.tpl will change.

Para los usuarios en español: forzar la compilación en las opciones de caché Smarty (prefencias/rendimiento) y volverá a tomar los datos del TPL.

Saludos