Unable to upgrade, file is too big

Hi,

I have PrestaShop version 1.7.3.2 installed. My PHP version is 7.0

I have an issue that I think may be resolved with a newer module version however I cannot install the module without first upgrading Prestashop to a newer version, I may be wrong in that thought but tackling this file size issue seems the logical place to start.

I went to install a newer version of PrestaShop 1.7.5 and received the message "File is too big (68.07MiB). Max filesize: 50MiB"

After reading the posts on this forum I went to my hosting control panel and into the PHP configuration settings.  I have changed 'upload_max_filesize' to 150M
I also read that I need to go into the Prestashop dashboard administration settings and change the upload quota there to a value lower than the PHP max filesize.  So I have 'Maximum size for attached files' set to 140 megabytes.

I'm still getting the same message so I assume I am making changes in the wrong place.  Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

It appears support in any form is non-existent.

Paid support from Prestashop?  When visiting Prestashop.com/support and clicking on any of the technical support plan links it returns the message "no products found in this category".  So I sent a support enquiry (or at least I tried to), it hangs with a 'timed out' message. I've tried numerous times from different browsers at different times of the day and even from a colleagues computer.  If Prestashop's own website doesn't function correctly what hope is there for us newbies?

Paid support from a third party company? After googling 'Prestashop paid support' I found a company advertising £40/hr and free quotes.  Sounds perfect so I contacted them with a detailed description of my issue to be told that they would carry out a full site audit for £480 + VAT
I don't want a site audit, I want a 'file size too big' issue resolving.  A free quote wouldn't have gone amiss neither.

Support from the forum? Having read numerous posts about this issue I have increased PHP max upload size and the same in Prestashop administration in the back end (taking note to set it lower than the PHP setting).  Same issue so to the forum for help? It appears not, zero response.

I give up.  Having paid £150 for modules to get the look I wanted (theme), functionality I needed (payment gateway) I'm now stuck with an issue that prevents me actually installing modules and it would appear there is nothing I can do about it.

I wished I'd stayed on a monthly plan with support so that's where it looks like I'm heading back too.

Edited by sapper310
more detail (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi Simonas, thank you for your reply.

I already contacted my host provider, they checked PHP settings and confirmed that my max file size was set to 150M but they upped it to 512M anyway.  It still doesn't work.

I cannot find any max file upload setting that matches the message I am getting "File is too big (68.07MiB). Max filesize: 50MiB."

1 hour ago, tuk66 said:

It comes from hosting as mentioned Simonas Invertus.

Then I am back to square one, as I also already mentioned, my host says the upload file size is set to 512 (previously 150).  Nothing on the host side is set to 50 according to host help desk.

PHP_Configuration.png

This has been on-going for 6-weeks but for the record, this isn't the only issue I am having.  My biggest problem is that I don't seem to be able to get any paid support.  My logic is that I would rather pay to fix my issues than start again somewhere else especially after paying for modules to get the functionality I want.  

When attempting to order paid support the preastashop/support links say "no products found in this category"
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/597-support-plans?utm_source=prestashop.com&utm_medium=page-support&utm_campaign=internal-linking&utm_content=offre-support-en

emailing [email protected] asking how I obtain paid support has proven pointless as they don't reply (emailed 5 times in 6 weeks with zero response).

So I am in the bizarre position that I want to pay someone to help me fix my issues and ideally provide on-going support into the future (a support plan/package) and no one seems the slightest bit interested in taking my money. 

I honestly wish i had never gotten involved with prestashop, the amount of money i have spent on modules and time setting everything up means I want to resolve the issues and stay but given that I cannot without help and I am unable to obtain support (paid or otherwise) I am forced to go making the whole experience pointless and expensive.  I have started the process of moving the site.

How are you executing the upgrade/installation? Are you using the 1-click-upgrade module? I'm wondering as there is no upload done by this as far as I know, rather a direct download to your server, so maybe a screenshot would be helpful.
You can get paid support in this forum by posting in the "Job Offer" section, I'm sure you will get offers there

49 minutes ago, JBW said:

How are you executing the upgrade/installation? Are you using the 1-click-upgrade module?

Hi JBW, it's not just prestashop upgrade that has the issue, any module over 50Mb will not install.  No I am not using the 1-click upgrade module.

I am trying to install the same way i have always done it (succesfully in the past), go into "modules", "modules & services", click "upload a module", click "select file".  Navigate to the zip file I previously downloaded.

module upload.png

Ok, then there is still someting worng with your upload limit setting - guess your php.ini might only work in a local folder. As a worksaround you can copy/unzip  the module per FTP to your server and install then in the backoffice module catalog.

3 minutes ago, JBW said:

Ok, then there is still someting worng with your upload limit setting - guess your php.ini might only work in a local folder. As a worksaround you can copy/unzip  the module per FTP to your server and install then in the backoffice module catalog.

Thanks JBW, I am talking to someone about paid support, I will see what they say about it.

thanks again

13 minutes ago, tuk66 said:

It is a hard limit in the uploader (/admin/themes/default/js/bundle/module/module.js) - maxFilesize value is set to 50. // can't be greater than 50Mb because it's an addons limitation

ah!  thank you tuk66, finally found it which is great!

Edited by sapper310 (see edit history)