import (images)

Hello,

I'm setting up a webshop with Prestashop, i think it is a great webshop, but have about 10000 items i need to import with images.

I am trying to do it through the import utility, wich works fine for all the products etc., but how do i do it for the images, there is a field with ImageURL(x,y,z,...), but what do i need to put in here and where do i need to put the files itself.

I already tried a url location, already tried to upload the images to the directory where all the images are saved wqhen you upload them manualy, alse tried giving a seperate directory, but none seem to work and this is a big problem for my client if he needs to manually add the images.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

grtz,
Kristof

thanks, that one helped me out a little more.

Now it seems that there is the windows of the image with the caption text, but i don't get the image anywhere to see.

Where do i have to put the images to be uploaded or to be seen?

tnx.

HI Lekri

Just like marc said upload all you pictures to a folder on your server.

Then in your csv file put the full address of the folder and image for each product.

You must also use the ID colume in your CSV or the pictures will not show. this is what i did in beta 3 not sure if the ID bit was fixed in the final V1.1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone
I have the opportunity to get a product feed from a supplier with thumb and large product image links from their server, would this work with Prestashop.

Also

The full path to the temporary image folder is this the server path i.e. public-html/prestashop/temp or the http:// etc?

I have just finished a Manually adding 450 product images and it isn't fun ;^(