[Solved] Parse Error while trying to run INSTALL

Hope somebody can help me, tried to upload the downloaded prestashop, upon executing INSTALL, i received this message: 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/sundry/public_html/mybeautyshop/install/classes/LanguagesManager.php on line 7

will appreciate any support from anyone! thanks!

thanks for the prompt reply, appreciate it highly but i found out that cause of the problem after i've posted my inquiry.  seems that my current host is still running php4.+ and mysql 4.+ version.  i asked the vendor if they have any plans to upgrade sometime soon but unfortunately, there's not plan yet for this year.

is there any way to make prestashop work from the lower versions of php and mysql?  this may be a limitation to most online shops here in the philippines. 

May I suggest you switch hosts? Many hosts offer both php4 and php5 so if you feel like you're stuck with php4, you might want to consider switching.

My guess is there will not be a php4 compatible version of PrestaShop because the two versions are quite different... But only the dev team can answer that.

Hi sundryonlineshop (& tutankhamen),

I can confirm that PrestaShop will not be releasing a PHP4-compatible version.  PHP4 is officially in end-of-life phase, as per the php.net Website, so any new development for PHP4 makes little sense.

If your host has PHP5 available but it needs to be activated by you creating an .htaccess file, try using one of the solutions posted here. :)