Prestashop Back Office - Loading forever Product page - Information Save and Stay + Save buttons and Not saving updates to existing products (text + photos)

ilvsportfoto

Prestashop 1.6.1.23 (updated from 1.6.1.18)
Browsers: Firefox 66.0.2 / Chrome / Waterfox

Hi,

I have this issue for a while now.
When i try to update a product with new text (Firefox + Chrome), first i have the Save and Stay + Save buttons loading more than 15-20s.
When i edit and save, it will take my changes from time to time. I left it for one day and only after that has made the changes. But not always. There are time when is not saving the changes at all.

For the images tab in product page, i can't add a new image instead of a old one.
In Firefox i don't even see the image that exist to that product and also can't add a new one (in chrome i can see it and also can upload a new one, it seems to be firefox issue).

I read a lot of threads from here and none worked for me.

I tried the followings:

1. Modify the form.tpl file from here Prestashop BackOffice Bug - Doesn't save - BUG FIX TUTORIAL

" Navigate the form.tpl file which can be found in “admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl”

Open it and delete the following lines: “submitHandler: function(form) { form.submit(); },”

I have selected in the Advanced -> Performance -> Force Compile.

2. I tried also from here:
Save button loading forever, can't save products! - Bug reports - PrestaShop Forums

I tried to use this Just go there -> YOUR-WEBSITE/adminfolder/themes/default/template/controllers/products/solution, but in the information files are more than one "disabled="disabled"" options and i don't know if is ok to break that code (deleting disabled="disabled" and other stuff - there are too many to delete and it seems risky).

3. Also tried to edit    /js/admin/tinymce.inc.js 

with adding before     

if(!config)
        config = {};

the following code:        

if (typeof tinyMCE === 'undefined') {
        setTimeout(function() {
        tinySetup(config);
        }, 100);
        return;
    }

Solution from here: Prestashop 1.6.1.13 Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined - Configuring and using PrestaShop - PrestaShop Forums

It is not working for me any of those.

I also downloaded from github the source code for PrestaShop 1.6.1.23. I replaced from there the tinymce.inc.js and some other files with no visible changes to my problem.

I checked the php settings from my cpanel and i have the following:

max_execution_time    300
max_input_time    -1
memory_limit    512M
post_max_size    16M
upload_max_filesize    8M

I don't have the option to change 

max_input_vars = 10000

and also don't know where to read it. I will ask the hosting provider to tell what is the limit now. Can i see it somewhere until then?

Does anybody got an idea why is that long loading time, more than 15-20 seconds on the backoffice for the product page in both browsers? 

I have also some issues to change the Category and Subcategory images. Even if i delete the old image and upload a new one in the Category / Subcategory edit page it will not change to the new one. It will force the old one.

For that, i delete cahce from: 

\cache\smarty\compile

It is impossible to work like that. Instead of adding some products quickly i must pray for it to work...

I attached a picture from Firefox also with some error from the that tab. In chrome i haven't seen that error but the buttons have the loading time error.

Thank you

prestashop-1.6.1.jpg

Edited by ilvsportfoto (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Janett said:

Maybe a module who perform an ajax request in header.

What did you see in your browser development tools (CTRL + MAJ + J) in Network tab with filter XHR ?

I forgot to upload the picture, i put one now. Is that one good for your question?

9 minutes ago, Janett said:

Any line in red or with status != 200 ?

Nope. All lines are 200. Just those 2 different types which you see in the images above.

It crashed now in chrome too with that "timeout" error ;-(

I suppose is from prestashop or from server?

Also, in chrome it has endless loading buttons, i can't save them yet....

2 minutes ago, Janett said:

Can you click on filter XHR and expand column file to see link entirely 

It doesn't let me expand the columns.

Also, the timeout message is:
(timeout)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

prestashop-1.6.1.23-backoffice-long-loading-time-product-page-2019-04-04_153509-lw.jpg

prestashop-1.6.1.23-backoffice-long-loading-time-product-page-2019-04-04_152900.jpg

4 minutes ago, Janett said:

This ajax-tab.php? AjaxProductManufacturers looks really long to load. You have modules that are graft on this page?

This ajax-tab.php? AjaxProductManufacturers looks really long to load. You have modules that are graft on this page?

This is what i translated (i don't know french).

I have modules from template monster theme. I had one issue and last week managed to solve the error. It was on the tinymce.inc.js file which i replaced it with the old one from default prestashop theme. The issue was that was hiding an option in the TM Mega Menu module and i couldn't select the box with the link. It was a js error. I had to modify also the CmsController.php because were 2 lines there that caused the bug.

This was all that i done. But i suppose from the update to Prestashop 1.6.1.23 (updated from 1.6.1.18) could be the issue? With the old version i had that error from time to time.

3 minutes ago, Janett said:

I don’t think the upgrade of Prestashop is the problem here but maybe a module...

How can i identify which one? And why until now i haven't got that issue as big as now?

Also, in Firefox there is no TinyMce visible, it is showing only code. TinyMce is visible only in chrome but there the Save buttons are loading forever and can't save at all now.

You can uninstall module Merchant Expertise because it makes a lot of call to PrestaShop Api and that really slow

You can try to unHook module who are hooked in displayBackOfficeHeader one by one to try identify if one is slow

2 minutes ago, Janett said:

You can uninstall module Merchant Expertise because it makes a lot of call to PrestaShop Api and that really slow

You can try to unHook module who are hooked in displayBackOfficeHeader one by one to try identify if one is slow

Ok. I don't know now how to hook them again and i need to go. I think i will come back later or tomorrow. I hate when i waste time for this things. Instead of making the website working i need to find issues with sudden problems...

Thanks so much for your effort and maybe you'll see when i answer back.

• 1 month later...

To not leave this post unfinished i'm adding that i had somebody that made some settings in:

Advanced Parameters -> Performance

SMARTY:

- Never recompile template files

- Cache: YES

-Caching type: File System

-Clear cache: (Second one) Clear cache everytime something has been modified

OPTIONAL FEATURES:

-> Some features can be disabled in order to improve performance:

Combinations: YES

Features: YES

-> CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache) = all on YES

-> CACHING (at the bottom): NO

It is still having the loading time at those buttons when i add/modify a product, but the changes are made quicker. From time to time i still need to do hard refresh more than 3-4 times and even clear cache in browser. I spoke with hosting provider tech and all settings for prestashop in php are ok.

It could be on the plan...side. It is a simple hosting with limited resources. I still don't know and i still believe that are things that are prestashop bugs. But it is working a bit better now and i go with that.

Hope it helped others too,

Cheers