BO - product detail - extra tab - jquery does not work

Hi, I am trying to create a new module in prestashop 1.6.1.23, I want to use a jquery in the back office, on a product detail tab. To create the tab, I use a hookDisplayAdminProductsExtra function. The jquery is loaded and seems to be working. However, if I try to use a simple thing, like hiding an element, nothing happens.

Simple scenario:

The hook function

public function hookDisplayAdminProductsExtra()
{
   return $this->display(__FILE__, '/views/templates/admin/j_product_tab.tpl');
}  

he template

<div class="aaa" id="abc">test</div>

The script

window.onload = function() {
    $(".aaa").hide();
}

The result is: in a product detail, there is an extra tab. On the tab, there is a div with a word "test" in it. But it remains visible.

Performing a test by adding

if (window.jQuery) {  
    alert("OK");
} else {
    alert("not OK");
}

brings the desired result => an alert with "OK", so the jquery itself works. But since the product detail page uses a lot of other scripts, I have a suspition, that the scripts from my module are being somehow "blocked", "overriden"... It seemed to me, that switching the product detail tabs reloads the content of all other tabs, so I tried to run the script only when the extra tab is active.

So I used a workaround in the script:

var a = document.getElementById('abc');
a.onmouseover = doHide;

function doHide() {
   $(".aaa").hide();
}

Using this workaround, if I access the product page, switch to the extra tab and move a mouse over the element, the script runs successfully and the element hides. But I need to perform a more complicated things in the script, that doesn't run even when using this workaround. So I need to find the root cause.

Does someone have an experience with this particular area (product detail) and using jquery? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!