module bought, developer unpaid

I purchased 2 modules in the same basket in January. I realised that one did not do what we thought it should do, and got our money back for it, however Prestashop retained the money for the 2nd module.  It would appear that Presta told the developer of the 2nd module that the customer(us) was not happy and wanted their money back - so he refunded Prestashop ... Meanwhile we downloaded the module, but when we came to use it at the end of the quarter (tax summary) we realise there was one function not working - so contacted the developer for help.  He replied that he could not assist, as  we had been refunded for the module. Our Paypal statement clearly shows this was not the case - but we are at a total impasse ... Prestashop are not responding to our messages, phone calls or chats,  meanwhile the developer has also got back to them and explained the situation with them, and again, they are refusing to communicate with him.  Meanwhile we are stuck with a module that only part does the job we need.  Advise please.  Anybody here know how we can get Prestashop to advise/communicate? We have opened a case through Paypal, but this will take a while to work its way through their system

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, sueho said:

I purchased 2 modules in the same basket in January. I realised that one did not do what we thought it should do, and got our money back for it, however Prestashop retained the money for the 2nd module.  It would appear that Presta told the developer of the 2nd module that the customer(us) was not happy and wanted their money back - so he refunded Prestashop ... Meanwhile we downloaded the module, but when we came to use it at the end of the quarter (tax summary) we realise there was one function not working - so contacted the developer for help.  He replied that he could not assist, as  we had been refunded for the module. Our Paypal statement clearly shows this was not the case - but we are at a total impasse ... Prestashop are not responding to our messages, phone calls or chats,  meanwhile the developer has also got back to them and explained the situation with them, and again, they are refusing to communicate with him.  Meanwhile we are stuck with a module that only part does the job we need.  Advise please.  Anybody here know how we can get Prestashop to advise/communicate? We have opened a case through Paypal, but this will take a while to work its way through their system

Hello,

I think you cannot influence this, at least as quickly as possible. Perhaps the support of PrestaShop is overloaded with questions.
If you want to fix a problem, you can hire one of the developers to write a module or fix an error to an existing module.
Including we provide such services.

to be fair - I have had an issue with a module that did not do what the developer claimed, and I had a refund from him via Prestashop, very speedily - perhaps he just wanted me off his back!! 😉 - I had been quite a nuisance for him!! 😂