Anyone offer no fix no fee for sorting out a error ? Virtual products, PS 1.6

BlizzardUK

I have a PS 1.6 store, and the virtual product info email that customers should get after the status is changed to "Payment accepted" is not being sent. Another person tried their best to fix it, but was unable to, but they did give me a very useful description of what they found during their attempt. So I will paste that info below. Sadly I can only afford to pay 30 euros for this fix as we can still run the shop without the email so it is not compulsory, but if anyone is sure they can fix it, and will only charge once fixed, then please let me know. Hopefully the info from the previous helper is enough to let you know if it sounds something you can do. Perhaps it can't be fixed at all though. 

Thanks.

Info below............

It sends the normal mails but not the mail with the downloadable file. Another issue is that it asks you to select a carrier instead of saying that no carrier is needed when there are only virtual products.

It had a look in the source code:

There is a javascript variable isVirtualCart that is set to 0 where it should be 1.

This variable is set in OrderOPCController.php with:

if ($this->nbProducts) { 
$this->context->smarty->assign('virtual_cart', $this->context->cart->isVirtualCart());
}

And this is where it gets strange: $this->nbProducts is true so the assignment runs. However, if you put debug code in the isVirtualCart() function in the Cart class you see that it is never called. Somehow this function is masked and returns an empty string.

Still stranger is that the version I have running on my localhost is working ok. But the copy of it on the server of the customer gives the problem. 

It becomes yet stranger when you have a look at the content of the Cart object near this operation in OrderOPCController.php. Normally Cart->_products is an array of the products in the products in the cart. However, on the localhost (so when it is behaving correctly) this array is empty when the cart contains only a virtual product.

Edited by BlizzardUK (see edit history)

Just to let people know I have had 2 offers already, so if contacting please just post a reply in case others fail.

Jeevanoss, thanks for the message, I had 1 PM a few minutes before your post, so out of fairness I will try them first but if they fail I will be in touch via PM with you. Thanks.