Migration Prestashop 1.6.x to 1.7.x

JackyVip

HI!

I have tried to move the date for products from the  Prestashop 1.6.x  database to  Prestashop 1.7.x  database.

I have exported these tables from the  Prestashop 1.6.1.18:

ps_product

ps_product_lang

ps_product_shop

ps_stock_available

ps_image

ps_image_shop

Then I have exported the same tables from the  Prestashop 1.7.5.1 then I have copied the date from old tables to the new ones. I have inserted the new data in the tables and I have copied the img/p folder from the  Prestashop 1.6.1.18 to the Prestashop 1.7.5.1.

I have 2 problems:

1) I can't see the products on the front end when I access product categories. (I can see all the products on the backend)

2) Some images from products on Prestashop 1.7.5.1 does not match with the images from products on Prestashop 1.6.1.18.

Hello JackyVip,

1) I can't see the products on the front end when I access product categories. (I can see all the products on the backend)

RE: Because of, product_category doesn't export/imported and therefore you can't see the products in front office. if the categories are different in both shops you need to export/import category and category_lang with product_category.

2) Some images from products on Prestashop 1.7.5.1 does not match with the images from products on Prestashop 1.6.1.18.

RE: it seems image configuration is different in the new shop(1.7.5.1). Regenerate images and clear cache and try again.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Migration Pro,

Thank you.

1) I have created the product categories manually, and in the database, the products were not associated with the correct category ID.

2) I have tried to regenerate the images but I get 500 Server error. 

I have this php.ini settings:

memory_limit = 64M
max_execution_time = 1000;
max_input_time = -1;
post_max_size = 20M;
upload_max_filesize = 20M;
max_input_vars = 10000;
suhosin.get.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;

Hello,

1) in the "product" table id_default_category must be changed for target compatible category ID.
2) this is normal, you need to try several times this process, in the end, you will get a "successfully completed" message. Note: disable "Erase previous images" option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2