how to fix message "PrestaShop installation needs to write critical files in the folder var/cache"

Gigi76

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to install Prestashop v1.7.5.1 on Microsoft Windows Server 2019 with:

- MySql v.5.6.16.0
- PhpMyAdmin v4.1.9
- PHP v.7.3.3 

When I try to install PrestaShop whit command "localhost/install" in the browser appears the error message:

We can't start installation :(
PrestaShop installation needs to write critical files in the folder var/cache.
Please review the permission on your server.

Someone has an idea how to fix the error?

Thanks in advance!

error.jpg

1 hour ago, orthotheme said:

Hi Sir,

Please provide the prefect permisson in your server for a prestashop.

it is the permission issue.

Hi,

do you have any idea what "prefect permisson" is to be made on the Microsoft Windows Server 2019 ?

2 hours ago, JBW said:

Prestashop is not compatible with PHP 7.3 (yet) - downgrade your PHP version - anyway this might not solve your permission issue...

Hi,

initially I had installed PHP v. 5.3 but at the beginning of the PrestaShop installation there were two problems:

1) PrestaShop requires at least PHP or newer version. To install PrestaShop you need to update your version oh PHP.

2) PrestaShop installation needs to write critical files in the folder var / cache.
Please review the permission on your server.

After I installed PHP v.7.3.3 the first problem was solved, but the second one remains.

Which version of PHP do you recommend to install?

error.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gigi76 said:

After I installed PHP v.7.3.3 the first problem was solved, but the second one remains.

Which version of PHP do you recommend to install?

Latest PS version (PS 1.7.5.1) requires PHP 5.6 or PHP 7.0 or PHP 7.1 or PHP 7.2

But indeed this will not solve your permissions issue. I dont know how IIS works but you need to allow your web server user to read and write files in this folder.

1 hour ago, ksaan said:

Latest PS version (PS 1.7.5.1) requires PHP 5.6 or PHP 7.0 or PHP 7.1 or PHP 7.2

But indeed this will not solve your permissions issue. I dont know how IIS works but you need to allow your web server user to read and write files in this folder.

Hi,

OK I'll try with PHP 7.2 (7.2.16) and update you.

Kind regards

• 1 year later...