Product redirects to another product when increasing quantity

CharlieCafaro

Hello. This is my first post here, hope I'm in the right place...

I'm getting the weirdest error on my prestashop site. I just noticed it today but God knows how long it's been happening. Whenever I increase the quantity on an item prior to adding it to the cart, I get redirected to another product's URL and the image changes to that product. Usually it's the last related product to the original one, but if there are no related products, it redirects me to the last redirect URL. 

my site is: www.punpunia.com

Please bare in mind that while I do know some code (I actually work as a developer and everything) I'm a total noob when it comes to Prestashop so I have no idea what's going on. 

I've tried disabling modules, upgrading to 1.7.5, enabling debug mode, but nothing worked. 

Any, any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, ramblingrose said:

Any news on this? Since a few day I encountered exactly the same thing in a shop I am building. Whatever machine I use it will give the same behaviour but appearantly it doesn't happen on computers from outside module builder companies...

Nah, I gave up. In my case customers buy always 1 piece of product so this bug does'n bother them. But would love to know the reason.

4 uren geleden, beribazoo zei:

Nah, I gave up. In my case customers buy always 1 piece of product so this bug does'n bother them. But would love to know the reason.

A pitty...I had hoped for some clue where to look but I can understand your position in this. We have many products with multiple quantities and I can not go live with the new designed shop until this problem is solved/understood. It seems to have happened overnight and comparing databases, files etc. doesn't show anything ordinary (it seems)...

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just went through this problem today in my cilent's shop. Prestashop 1.7.7.7. In my case the problem was caused by Cross-selling module. When i turned off the module, problem dissapeared (upgrade didn't help). Now I just must look for a new module for Cross Selling. 
Maybe in your case it is the same problem.

Op 9/10/2023 om 8:07 PM, Maniek82 zei:

I just went through this problem today in my cilent's shop. Prestashop 1.7.7.7. In my case the problem was caused by Cross-selling module. When i turned off the module, problem dissapeared (upgrade didn't help). Now I just must look for a new module for Cross Selling. 
Maybe in your case it is the same problem.

We never used cross-selling in our webshop but another module, or our theme, could well have been the culprit to the problem which, as it seems, hits more people😅

We also had, and still have, that the quantity check malfunctions. People can order much more products as available which could be dangerous. Luckily that one is immediately remedied when someone tries to order that quantity, with the checkout the quantity check does work as it should and no order can be created with the wrong quantity. The problem mostly occurs within the quick view window.