Various 1.7.5.0 Product Import issues

cliffo4

Hi

I been away from PrestaShop for a while so just trying over again. So using the Docker version at 1.7.5.0 but with a catalogue dump from data of an existing store looking to move over, I have various import issues right from the start.

First seems to be the Summary and Description fields appear to be limited to 800 characters, yet a quick look in the database fields, they just seem to be text.  So why is there a limit on the import.

Is there a restriction on the characters that can be used too? Seems some fields / Product name is having issues with #, :, () ?

1. The length of property Product->description_short is currently 1069 chars. It must be between 0 and 800 chars.
  2. Property Product->name is not valid

Obviously my issue is going to be that I really don't want to go through over 8000 product items either truncating text, reworking it or having to omit certain characters.

I have not even got as far to see what it will make of the categories and if it will create them as it goes.

Any pointers or suggestions?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I am having the same problem since I last upgrade to a new ver1.7.5.2

As soon as I try to save an existing product or new product, This is the message I get.

The length of property Product->description_short is currently 163 chars. It must be between 0 and 118 chars.

Any help will be grately apreciated.