call function since product-variants.tpl

Hi everyone! Sorry if this is not the correct place to this question, I don't find any other place to write in, and sorry again if my english isn't very good.

My problem is the next:

I has created a new table in db (mysql) called 'tallas' and I have the size's preferences of the users. Now, I need call this table since the page product-variants.tpl because I would like to put cheeked for default the option select by the customer.

I create this function in classes/Product.php

public function getTalla($id_customer){

$result = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('
       SELECT `talla1`
       FROM `tallas`
       WHERE `cliente` = `$id_customer`');            

return $result;
   }

ok, I would like to receive for parameters the user id (I don't know how to do that yet) and I would like to receive the value of `talla1` and then I would like put cheeked the option selected by the customer here in the themes/asmart/templates/catalog/_partials/product-variants.tpl in the radio.

<li class="float-xs-left input-container">
              <label>
                <input class="input-color" type="radio" data-product-attribute="{$id_attribute_group}" name="group[{$id_attribute_group}]" value="{$id_attribute}"{if $group_attribute.selected} checked="checked"{/if}>
                <span
                  {if $group_attribute.html_color_code}class="color" style="background-color: {$group_attribute.html_color_code}" {/if}
                  {if $group_attribute.texture}class="color texture" style="background-image: url({$group_attribute.texture})" {/if}
                ><span class="sr-only">{$group_attribute.name}</span></span>
              </label>
            </li>

Sincerely I don't know any idea to how to do that, can someone help me? Thank you!!!!!

The problem is solved. I do that:

in classes/Product.php

public function getTalla(){
	   $variable = Context::getContext()->customer->id;
       $result = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('SELECT * FROM `tallas` WHERE `cliente` = `$variable`');            

return $result;
   }

in ProductController.php

$this->context->smarty->assign('images_ex',$this->product->getTalla());

in product-variants.tpl

{if $images_ex[0]['talla1'] == $group_attribute.name} checked="checked"{/if}

I hope this can help someone in the future.

• 5 months later...

Nice! 
Do you know how to call a single variant of a product? I mean, as you did, but for the standard variants, for e.g. color. 
I need to do this:
Tab 1: color
Tab 2: radio
if I repeat the product-variants.tpl in each tab, the selection doesn't work :( any idea?