Update Disaster

Hi all...

I upgraded my Prestashop the other day to the latest version and when it had finished I was unable to even get to the login page - instead of seeing the login page I am now seeing a 500 server error message and am totally unable to login.... ANy ideas how this can be addressed? I have tried clearing cookies etc to no avial...

I though what I might be able to do is install a new instance of Prestashop 1.6.0.14 and then export the databases using PHPMyAdmin into the new install to bring all of the contents over to the new instance - I have been able to import categories fine, but am not sure how to export the 2000 plus products and associaed images etc - anyone ever done this? I have tried the CSV export from PHPMyAdmin and then importing that but it craps out and fails at every turn..

Does anyone know what tables need to be exported for the products and their associated images and if you can import tables from an upgraded version to an older version!!

Shocker!

ok - I have turned on logging and now see this....

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'cwbalmer_prst1'@'localhost' to database 'cwbalmer_prst1'
at line 127 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php

122.     public function connect()
123.     {
124.         try {
125.             $this->link = $this->getPDO($this->server, $this->user, $this->password, $this->database, 5);
126.         } catch (PDOException $e) {
127.             throw new PrestaShopException('Link to database cannot be established: ' . $e->getMessage());
128.         }
130.         $this->link->exec('SET SESSION sql_mode = \'\'');
132.         return $this->link;

22 hours ago, Bill Bulstrode said:

Hi all...

I upgraded my Prestashop the other day to the latest version and when it had finished I was unable to even get to the login page - instead of seeing the login page I am now seeing a 500 server error message and am totally unable to login.... ANy ideas how this can be addressed? I have tried clearing cookies etc to no avial...

I though what I might be able to do is install a new instance of Prestashop 1.6.0.14 and then export the databases using PHPMyAdmin into the new install to bring all of the contents over to the new instance - I have been able to import categories fine, but am not sure how to export the 2000 plus products and associaed images etc - anyone ever done this? I have tried the CSV export from PHPMyAdmin and then importing that but it craps out and fails at every turn..

Does anyone know what tables need to be exported for the products and their associated images and if you can import tables from an upgraded version to an older version!!

Shocker!

I use a special migration script that can transfer data (products, but also orders or customers) from one version to another.

Another way is simply to use the 1-Click upgrade module and do usual upgrade. PS 1.7 is devil so I strongly recommend to do it locally and then copy the shop to the server.