From 1.6.1.10 to 1.7.5.1 500 Server Error with Logs

Let me start with a snap of the issue. As you can see the site just kinda squeezed together in the middle. lol

---

301 files left to upgrade.

All files upgraded. Now upgrading database...

[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: "

500 Server Error

Oops, something went wrong.
Try to refresh this page or feel free to contact us if the problem persists.

"

1 click.jpg

I found this in the admin/autoupgrade folder error_log.

[16-Mar-2019 09:51:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Tools14' not found in /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/Admin/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php(51) : eval()'d code on line 1

Many lines with the PHP Fatal error. As each one is displayed the time is incrementally increased all the way to 10:39:49 UTC 

[16-Mar-2019 10:39:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Tools14' not found in /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/Admin/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php(51) : eval()'d code on line 1

Edited by Billy (see edit history)

This one was found in the public_html/admin folder error_log

[16-Mar-2019 09:54:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/classes/db/DbQuery.php:96
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/Adapter/Adapter_EntityMapper.php(45): DbQueryCore->from('shop', 'a')
#1 /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/classes/ObjectModel.php(233): Adapter_EntityMapper->load('1', NULL, Object(Shop), Array, NULL, true)
#2 /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/classes/shop/Shop.php(131): ObjectModelCore->__construct('1', NULL, NULL)
#3 /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/classes/shop/Shop.php(397): ShopCore->__construct('1')
#4 /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/config/config.inc.php(114): ShopCore::initialize()
#5 /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/Admin/ajax.php(30): include('/home/xxxxx/...')
#6 {main}
  thrown in /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/classes/db/DbQuery.php on line 96

Let me add in that the main website is PHP 5.6.

I switched to PHP 7.1 and fixed all my errors before running the one click module.

Now i couldn't update at first because the file checker inside the "one click module" was just spinning.

My solution was to download https://github.com/PrestaShop/autoupgrade and add all those files to my website admin/autoupgrade folder. Which included the Tools14.php  https://github.com/PrestaShop/autoupgrade/blob/master/classes/Tools14.php

So i'm stuck at the moment and i'm not sure what else i should try. So my website can now be on presta v1.7.5.1 as PHP 5.6 is EOL. Does anyone have any more ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks for any advise in advance.

Billy

No, there is no exact reason. There was another problem each time. Often more different problems at once. PHP version, incompatible modules, PHP timeout, wrong database schema and so on. Everything you can imagine. I do upgrade with my notepad full of notes, often 5 or 15 times (!). It is very difficult to do it without a debugger.

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2019 at 11:31 AM, ttoine said:

usually, this kind of error on an upgrade is because of a bad module or some customisation with overrides. did you try to disable modules?

Hi ttoine!

How would i check all my modules to see which one is the problem? I don't have any output anywhere saying i have a problem with a specific module.

I have no overrides installed.

Thank you for your time in advance!

the usual best way on every CMS: create another installation of your shop on the server (maybe in a subfolder), set the php version, and then install and enable one module after one. And also, note that this can a combination of modules, and not one module alone.

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2019 at 6:11 PM, Billy said:

I found this in the admin/autoupgrade folder error_log.

[16-Mar-2019 09:51:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Tools14' not found in /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/Admin/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php(51) : eval()'d code on line 1

Many lines with the PHP Fatal error. As each one is displayed the time is incrementally increased all the way to 10:39:49 UTC 

[16-Mar-2019 10:39:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Tools14' not found in /home/xxx/clone1.xxx.com/Admin/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php(51) : eval()'d code on line 1

Hi Billy,

I fixed this by going to the auto-upgrade module in the admin area and selecting "reset" for the module.

Ed