Customer service email spam

luke.c21hygiene

Hello all,

So this has been happening for well over a year now but its finally got to the point where its ridiculous! Pretty much everyday we get spam emails from russan email addresses to our customer service email. Im guessing this is some loophole they have found to jsut spam emails but today i have received 250 when i loged into my admin page!

Is there anyway i can prevent this? i cant turn off emails as we have guests emailing everyday when checking out. I think maybe a region lock or language filter? basically all the spam emails are in the same language so i assume from the same location too.

Денежный приз найден!

У нас есть информация о выплате от больших спонсоров на Ваш е-mаil.

Расчет выплаты

Вы забыли вывести свои деньги.

Проверка данных и перевод транзакции на ваш счет, возможна только сегодня!

This is basically what every email is, theyre all pretty much the same type of email about a prize.

Any help would be great!!

Nothing is guaranteed to work. There are so many different ways they can send you spam (and remember a lot of spam are legitimate sellers just  doing their job)

There are free re-captchas available. Do a google search. I did and this is one possibility 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/719012-free-module-contact-form-anti-spam-recaptcha-and-blacklist-ps-151617/

4 hours ago, haylau said:

Nothing is guaranteed to work. There are so many different ways they can send you spam (and remember a lot of spam are legitimate sellers just  doing their job)

There are free re-captchas available. Do a google search. I did and this is one possibility 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/719012-free-module-contact-form-anti-spam-recaptcha-and-blacklist-ps-151617/

Thats true, i just know all the ones in russian are spam so its basically anything in russian i wanted to block. wasnt sure if there was a way to just put like a language block or something. ill have a look at that module, thank you.