[solved]Can't upgrade to Prestashop 1.7.5.1

HAIRWEBSHOP

Hello,

We are using Prestashop 1.6.1.23 and we would like to upgrade to Prestashop 1.7.5.1 using 1-Click Upgrade 4.6.0, we tried moving to a clean Prestashop 1.6.1.23 before upgrading, reinstalling our Plesk VPS server, but we always get to see the following error:

[INTERNAL] /var/www/vhosts/hairwebshop.nl/mijn.hairwebshop.nl/config/bootstrap.php line 27 - Error: Class 'Core_Business_ContainerBuilder' not found #0 /var/www/vhosts/hairwebshop.nl/mijn.hairwebshop.nl/config/config.inc.php(66): require_once() #1 /var/www/vhosts/hairwebshop.nl/mijn.hairwebshop.nl/modules/autoupgrade/classes/UpgradeContainer.php(475): require_once('/var/www/vhosts...') #2 /var/www/vhosts/hairwebshop.nl/mijn.hairwebshop.nl/modules/autoupgrade/classes/TaskRunner/AbstractTask.php(120): PrestaShop\Module\AutoUpgrade\UpgradeContainer->initPrestaShopCore() #3 /var/www/vhosts/hairwebshop.nl/mijn.hairwebshop.nl/modules/autoupgrade/classes/TaskRunner/Upgrade/UpgradeDb.php(75): PrestaShop\Module\AutoUpgrade\TaskRunner\AbstractTask->init() #4 /var/www/vhosts/hairwebshop.nl/mijn.hairwebshop.nl/admin/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php(51): PrestaShop\Module\AutoUpgrade\TaskRunner\Upgrade\UpgradeDb->init() #5 {main}

Can someone please help us figure this out? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

NemoPS, you are right, 1.6 seems to be more stable, but because it is no longer supported, we want to upgrade or switch to another e-commerce platform, thirtybees look intriguing, can  you tell us more about the benefits of using thirtybees?

Well it's compatible with most of your current modules and likely the theme as well (might  need minor adjustments, but you can test it out).
It's like 1.6, but faster, with a lot less bugs, and has some additional features that are also increasing as time goes by (like deleting orders from the orders list without extra modules). It also includes a faster caching algorithm

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NemoPS said:

Actually thirtybees has a free migrator included

Unlike the One Click Upgrade module from prestashop, we successfully migrated using your migration tool in our test environment. Does the migration work back and forth or is this a one-way ticket?

Im curious my site is in version 1.6.1.15, I have some help with some of the coding and things with a web company. They suggest that I upgrade to the new 1.7, but I just got everything running smoothly and don't really want to do this endeavour.  Is there an issue if my site stays in the 1.6 version? They said something about security issues etc. Any feed back or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You will have to voices in your case:

- people who claims that staying on PHP 5.6 and PrestaShop 1.6 is safe. However, I see that you are still on 1.6.1.15, so I hope that you applied the latest security patch available in 1.6.1.23
- people who claims that old PHP versions are not supported anymore, and security issues will not be patched anymore. Plus, the new versions of PHP provide a lot of performance improvements.

Make your choice. 

In your case, you have the help of a web company. So I would let them work on the upgrade to the 1.7.5 on a pre-production server. If the migration of your data is working well, then you will benefit from the new themes, the support of new PHP versions, and more. If you like the result, go on production. If you are not happy with the result, you can stay with your 1.6 and wait. In both case, the work is useful and is not lost: you will know that it's possible to migrate, what to expect, and you prepare your business to be ready.

My web guys didn't do that update. Is it still available?

Also, the first web company I was working with bought my design template. I no longer work with that company and ive contacted the template designer and they said to export the product data and import it into 1.7 that it has nothing to do with the template.

That doesn't seem right to me. Maybe they dont want to help me because I dont have the original account that it was purchased on?

Edited by CndCarrie (see edit history)

Sure, released versions are still available.

Yes, in 1.7, you will have to use a new theme. However, this more flexible, and it's possible to create a child themes to add customization without touching the original. So, this is more easy to update a theme.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Lindsay Wagner said:

I think it was a signal saying that it's not high time you upgraded to 1.7.5.1 😁. In case you want to and are able to migrate your store in the future, I suggest you go with an automated shopping cart migration service. Such company is filled with IT experts in website, upgrade and migration. I tried once and they work perfectly!

Prestashop is great, but upgrading has never been a stable process for us, even with a new installation on a fresh VPS Plesk installation it spits out errors like wildfire, with features being stripped or even removed and some critical functions no longer working properly, there is no real reason for us to upgrade.

I am sure that the developers of Prestashop do their best to make Prestashop a success.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lindsay Wagner said:

Hey, sorry, I didn't notice the post date when I commented. So, did you manage to upgrade your store?

No, even with the latest upgrade module I have tried several solutions, including deleting the class file, but it always spits out errors, which includes upgrading to minor versions., even with a fresh installation of Prestashop. We have tried different server configurations that meet the requirements of Prestashop.

Yeah im on the fence for upgrading. My web management guys are suggesting I do it. But I'm not sure all the modules can be upgraded with it, without problem. Its been 2 1/2 years and I finally have a decent running website in 1.6. The thought of more time and money to go to 1.7 makes me cringe.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't try to fix the upgrade if you failed because it can be worse.

If your old store still works normally, lucky you. You should change the upgrade way by using data migration tool or an automated upgrade solution. 

With it, you don't need to turn the maintenance mode, your store can sell without errors and get news data. 

The upgrade tool is designed friendly. You can use it on your own without tech skill required. It works accurately and quickly.

You can get the tool and free demo to test the result. Here is one of my favorite https://bit.ly/2KmhTc5

The support team will response immediately if you have question regarding prestashop upgrade.

Hope it helps and goodluck!

Can't you be more obvious about working for LitExtension? We used your services once, migrating from WooCommerce to Prestashop, thanks for that, but upgrading and updating should be free and easy, it's 2019. We can't even get a clean Prestashop 1.6.1.20 to upgrade to a minor version 1.6.1.24.

We still run several WordPress instances, some use wildly outdated plug-ins, and temporary solutions, and none of them have ever bailed on us while upgrading.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HAIRWEBSHOP said:

Can't you be more obvious about working for LitExtension? We used your services once, migrating from WooCommerce to Prestashop, thanks for that, but upgrading and updating should be free and easy, it's 2019. We can't even get a clean Prestashop 1.6.1.20 to upgrade to a minor version 1.6.1.24.

We still run several WordPress instances, some use wildly outdated plug-ins, and temporary solutions, and none of them have ever bailed on us while upgrading.

Just try recommend a solution without benefit. But hope you can get a solution soon.

• 6 months later...
On 11/04/2019 at 16:11, ttoine said:

c'est juste bizarre. avez-vous ouvert un problème sur GitHub avec les détails? cela aiderait l'équipe à résoudre le problème.

it's just the norm. I have a shop since 2014, all upgrades have always worked since PS1.5.6.x until now 1.6.1.24

but now I have tried all available versions of PS1.7 from 1.7.0.x up to 1.7.6.2 and the upgrade it does not work

the only version the upgrade works is towards 1.7.5.2. but when I do the upgrade I have forbidden access to the statistics,

i tried the upgrade to thirty bees i have an error during the upgrade but after all seems to work and the theme too.

So at the moment I am split between solving the problem of forbidden access to stats for ps1.7.5.2 or going to TB really

really it is a real problem this update to 1.7 and a waste of time and money because it's been a month that I try the upgrade without success with 1clic to upgrade

Best regards

For to upgrade older Prestashop versions to PS 1.7. your server need to be upgraded as well. Is this already done ?

See here min. requirements: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

Requirement stated there presume that if you are using php 5.6. then it is one of the latest (5.6.30 or 5.6.40)!! With php 7.2. and mySQL 5.7. or maria DB 10 it should run smoothly.

or here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/884856-best-server-settings-for-prestashop-17-tested-in-production/

If you are having problems like the initial topic, than it's a permission problem on the server. Furthermore before you try any upgrade you should deinstall all overrides and addons (theme/modules) which are not default Prestashop.

I tested the upgrade with mariadb 10 but it is the same result.

Everything works, but I have prohibited access to certain categories: statistics, orders, customers.

I'm thinking of installing a new prestashop and replacing the ps_access table ... maybe...

I'm glad that you could manage to upgrade your site.

For:

On 1/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, tsoful said:

Everything works, but I have prohibited access to certain categories: statistics, orders, customers.

Please open new topic, as it is a new problem. BTW pay attention to the forum where you are adding your question. English Forum only questions in English language please. If you prefer to communicate in French, then please use exclusively the French Forum section. Thank you. I'm adding to the topic [solved]

• Like 1