How to change license to a different URL

bluedude

Think you can not change URL for module that you bought.

The module or theme you bought is sold with a single licence, you can use it on one website only. Please fill the field below with the website URL on which the module / theme will be installed. You can install it on a test shop, but this must be the URL of the final website.

Well, that's stupid. I need to be able to put one module on a different domain if I want. Sure I understand it can be on one URL only!

We changed our domain name and now we need to install the modules there. This happens all the time so Prestashop should be able to handle it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm having the same problem. The licence was bought when we were on a preproduction site (and URL). Now the production site is online and I'm having problems, probably due to the licence restrictions. What's more is the moderator who I contacted at the time I bought the module and theme sais it wouldn't be a problem to go from preproduction to the production site.

Edited by RichyVOC (see edit history)

hace 22 horas, RichyVOC dijo:

I'm having the same problem. The licence was bought when we were on a preproduction site (and URL). Now the production site is online and I'm having problems, probably due to the licence restrictions. What's more is the moderator who I contacted at the time I bought the module and theme sais it wouldn't be a problem to go from preproduction to the production site.

And it shouldn't be a problem. Which problems do you have?

Thanks for answering joseantgv. 
I was having some real speed and timeout problems (20 some seconds to show a page on front end and timeout on backend) on the production site. I suspected the licence problem but it wasn't that. There was a problem with Prestashop and the SSL licence. I regenerated a new licence and it seems to be working normally (cannelle-orange.fr).
I would like, though, to hav my addons.prestashop account to reflect the domain name change and have the modules/themes associated to that domain.
Thanks

• Like 1

hace 2 horas, RichyVOC dijo:

Thanks for answering joseantgv. 
I was having some real speed and timeout problems (20 some seconds to show a page on front end and timeout on backend) on the production site. I suspected the licence problem but it wasn't that. There was a problem with Prestashop and the SSL licence. I regenerated a new licence and it seems to be working normally (cannelle-orange.fr).
I would like, though, to hav my addons.prestashop account to reflect the domain name change and have the modules/themes associated to that domain.
Thanks

Try to contact to PrestaShop 👍