Prestashop Native Link Widget 500 Error

Jonss

I'm new to Prestashop (1.7.5.1)  and I'm having a serious issue with Prestashop native module (Link Widget)

I don't know why but I keep getting this "500 Internal Server Error" every time I try to open the (Design --> Link Widget) :

https://company.com/admin-97521/index.php/modules/link-widget/list?_token=-37sb79hXhJmHBYvsqNqXoeWZhVZRjOj3Vxk1x2ndRM

Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to - RESET, DELETE and REINSTALL the module yet nothing is working, I have no clue what I should do to make it work.

Is this module somehow dependent on some other file or module.

How do I fix this please help me

When I click on the (Link Widget in Debug Mode) I get these Errors

in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Controller/ControllerResolver.php (line 180)

if (!class_exists($class)) {            
	throw new \InvalidArgumentException(sprintf('Class "%s" does not exist.', $class));        
}

ControllerResolver->createController('PrestaShop\\Module\\LinkList\\Controller\\Admin\\Improve\\Design\\LinkBlockController::listAction')
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Controller/ContainerControllerResolver.php (line 63)

if (false !== strpos($controller, '::')) {            
	return parent::createController($controller);        
}

ContainerControllerResolver->createController('PrestaShop\\Module\\LinkList\\Controller\\Admin\\Improve\\Design\\LinkBlockController::listAction')
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/FrameworkBundle/Controller/ControllerResolver.php (line 43)

$resolvedController = parent::createController($controller);

ControllerResolver->createController('PrestaShop\\Module\\LinkList\\Controller\\Admin\\Improve\\Design\\LinkBlockController::listAction')
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Controller/ControllerResolver.php (line 88)

$callable = $this->createController($controller);

ControllerResolver->getController(object(Request))
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Controller/ContainerControllerResolver.php (line 41)

$controller = parent::getController($request);

ContainerControllerResolver->getController(object(Request))
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Controller/TraceableControllerResolver.php (line 49)

$ret = $this->resolver->getController($request);

TraceableControllerResolver->getController(object(Request))
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/HttpKernel.php (line 134)

// load controller        
if (false === $controller = $this->resolver->getController($request)) {            
	throw new NotFoundHttpException(sprintf('Unable to find the controller for path "%s". The route is wrongly configured.', $request->getPathInfo()));      }

HttpKernel->handleRaw(object(Request), 1)
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/HttpKernel.php (line 68)

return $this->handleRaw($request, $type);

HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), 1, false)
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Kernel.php (line 200)

return $this->getHttpKernel()->handle($request, $type, $catch);

Kernel->handle(object(Request), 1, false)
in admin-ps/index.php (line 88)

try {    
	require_once __DIR__.'/../autoload.php';    
	$response = $kernel->handle($request, HttpKernelInterface::MASTER_REQUEST, false);    
	$response->send();    $kernel->terminate($request, $response);
} catch (NotFoundHttpException $exception) {    
	define('ADMIN_LEGACY_CONTEXT', true);    
	// correct Apache charset (except if it's too late)

Please tell me how to fix these.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to fix the issue by deleting the [cache folder] the Root install folder.

I don't know if this is the best solution, but you can test if this will work for you.

Backup before you delete.

Il y a 3 heures, Jonss a dit :

I managed to fix the issue by deleting the [cache folder] the Root install folder.

I don't know if this is the best solution, but you can test if this will work for you.

Backup before you delete.

Thanks for your post Jonss, you delete the /cache folder in the root folder or in the /var/cache ?

Thanks & regards

After deleting the cache folder, you should also clear your browser history.

Another thing you could try is open cmd as admin and type

ipconfig /release enter

ipconfig /flushdns enter

ipconfig /renew enter

If this does not work then sorry man, you are left with the only option of re-installing prestashop from scratch !

il y a 27 minutes, JBW a dit :

cache folder on root level is depreceated on 1.7.5 - the new location is /var/cache - wondering how the deleting could have solved your issue. @thomasharko try with renaming /var/cache to /var/cache_old

Thanks JBW, renaming /var/cache to /var/cache_old unfortunately don't solve the problem.

Le 28/03/2019 à 7:07 PM, Janett a dit :

I think your composer autoload is broken.

Did you know execute CLI commands ?

Because you should execute

composer dump-autoload —no-dev

On the root folder of your PrestaShop

Then do the same command in /modules/ps_linklist directory

Bonjour Jannet,

Thanks

I execute the command, find below the results

On root folder of the shop : Composer could not find a composer.json file in /var/www/vhosts/domaine.fr/httpdocs/domaine.fr
To initialize a project, please create a composer.json file as described in the https://getcomposer.org/ "Getting Started" section

On ps_linklist module folder Generated autoload files containing 1 classes

For the root folder command, should I start again with an empty composer.json or copy the composer.lock to a composer.json file ?

Thanks again

Have a nice day and a nice week-end

Thomas

Il y a 2 heures, Janett a dit :

Thanks Janett.

Ok I execute the command on both and empty var/cache but no success. Still the same error on the module ps_linklist page.

Result of the command on the root folder : Deprecation warning: Your package name PrestaShop/PrestaShop is invalid, it should not contain uppercase characters. We suggest using presta-shop/presta-shop instead. Make sure you fix this as Composer 2.0 will error.
Deprecation warning: require.beberlei/DoctrineExtensions is invalid, it should not contain uppercase characters. Please use beberlei/doctrineextensions instead. Make sure you fix this as Composer 2.0 will error.
Generated autoload files containing 110 classes

3 hours ago, thomasharko said:

On ps_linklist module folder : Generated autoload files containing 1 classes

Here there are a problem, there more than 1 class in /modules/ps_linklist/src

Composer should add it in autoload 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, thomasharko said:

Bonjour FaheemTariq,

You need to uninstall and delete the actual module

Then remove all files and folders in /var/cache/

And install the module downlodable to the link https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/1.7.5.x/composer.json

Have a nice day

Best regards

Thomas

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the effort and help you are offering to the community. Forgive me I am newbie so I need some guidance.

I have this issue with the latest version of Prestashop 1.7.6.2. Everything was working fine but then I installed this theme and I got the same internal 500 error as described above. I have renamed the ps_linklist folder in the modules section and most of the issues are sorted sorted except the link widget itself. I can not access it cause obviously the module is not present now so I need to downgrade it.

I am not exactly sure how to perform the following action : 

" install the module downlodable to the link https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/1.7.5.x/composer.json"

I would really appreciate if someone can refer me a video link or an article or make some basic bullet points on how to downgrade link widget.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem,

("Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."),

followed all the instructions and the problem persists. If I can't fix this I might as well de-install the whole thing, as the shop is useless if you can't configure that module.