Search not working

pietrac

Hi, my shop was recently moved from 1.5 to 1.7.4 version of PrestaShop. Whatever I type in the search bar it returns the same result: "Sorry for the inconvenience. Search again what are you looking for."

So simply it does not work for all the products or words. When I check indexing, it says indexed products 847, but my old version shows around 1700 products.

Tried re-build index, add missing products but no luck. 

Anyone who experience the same problem or has an idea what might have gone wrong?

Appreciate in advance.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 22.47.19.png

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Guys, have you tried to disable and re-enable the automatic indexing choice?

It seems to be by default true so even if not set, it's on the left blue side (true).

We check if set, see blue, so we think it's enabled. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.

After the re-enabling, it works as expected.

Hi. I had the same problem on my website http://theoptics.org/. But I found solution.

I had the wrong php version selected in the server or hosting settings (don't remember exactly), so the search bar didn't work correctly. But it happened on php 7.2. It may also be worth looking at the modules responsible for site search.

Hope it might help.

Regards, J

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I added some "test" stock manually and it appeared in the search. I then deleted the stock and imported the data from a CSV file, and nothing appeared. I then edited a couple of items and saved them, and they then showed.

So it seems that imported items are not indexed until "saved",

The answer to this problem lies in the back office 

CONFIGURE > Shop Parameters >search, then click on either of the following, depending on the size of your database and if it's just some of the stock that's not showing, 

Add missing products to the index
           Re-build the entire index 

I did "entire" and it took seconds, but there were less than 300 items to process.

Good luck

Chandigar-IT.uk

Prestashop seach index rebuild.png

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, ChandigarIT said:

Hi all,

I added some "test" stock manually and it appeared in the search. I then deleted the stock and imported the data from a CSV file, and nothing appeared. I then edited a couple of items and saved them, and they then showed.

So it seems that imported items are not indexed until "saved",

The answer to this problem lies in the back office 

CONFIGURE > Shop Parameters >search, then click on either of the following, depending on the size of your database and if it's just some of the stock that's not showing, 

Add missing products to the index
           Re-build the entire index 

I did "entire" and it took seconds, but there were less than 300 items to process.

Good luck

Chandigar-IT.uk

Prestashop seach index rebuild.png

You are right, I saved from Back Office a product not found before by the search module and after saving, the module found it and displays it correctly. It seems to be an error that is generated during the import. Despite having generated the index several times completely, it did not index it correctly until I saved it manually.

Edited by carlos.batista
orthography (see edit history)