Problem with payment on Addons

mausbaus

Anyone has any idea if this e-commerce company called Prestashop is processing payments on it's own marketplace?

Paying 214EU on 28th, with a paypal account (same account used before for buying a theme), money being transferred instantly, we are now on 2nd of March and the order is still on "Checking payment data".  What the heck is there to check on a paypal payment when you know very well everything it's OK since you already got money from that account before.

I mean, I understand, the French are known to be arrogant but give me a break, process the damn payment and let me get on with my stuff, instead of waiting for your lazy ass to actually do something. 

Edited by ttoine
abusive title (see edit history)

6 hours ago, mausbaus said:

I mean, I understand, the French are known to be arrogant but give me a break, process the damn payment and let me get on with my stuff, instead of waiting for your lazy ass to actually do something. 

I am sure there is no need to be rude or xenophobic. I don't know about this specific case, you will need to talk directly to them, not this public support forum where very few prestashop staff frequent. What I can tell you is that on occasion PAYPAL do put a temporary hold on payments while they investigate That is outside of the control of store owner. Have you talked to PayPal? Have the funds gone from yuur account?

addons is our go to place we don't even buy from 3rd  party website anymore....and have not experienced an issue with probably over 300 purchases. 

I'd suspect PayPal withholding payment complete status, they are the true pirates lol.  Even braintree we see 4 hour later updates in latest module (I recommend stripe with optional paypal non-cc process). 

And if you paid by echeck then expect a hefy wait time as PayPal sits on accumulated  money making them some money.

Yea it's sucks losing momentum on a new exciting theme but I  highly doubt it's PS holding up transaction.

breath in and out, ecommerce is not for the faint of heart.

el

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haylau said:

I am sure there is no need to be rude or xenophobic. I don't know about this specific case, you will need to talk directly to them, not this public support forum where very few prestashop staff frequent. What I can tell you is that on occasion PAYPAL do put a temporary hold on payments while they investigate That is outside of the control of store owner. Have you talked to PayPal? Have the funds gone from yuur account?

1. I am not being rude or xenophobic. Most french ppl I know are a little bit more arrogant than the rest. It is just a statement without any other implications. Why do you even go there? 
2. Why do you feel the need to defend them? Of course I have tried to contact them directly before posting here and of course I got 0 replies.
3. Posting here makes others think twice before buying on PS's marketplace. Or at least to be aware of the fact they are being ignored. 
4. You don't have tell me how PayPal runs their business. There is nothing to investigate. Yes, the money left my account. 
5. If I write a message about how PS is handling their business, it is about PS and how they handle their business, not about PayPal. PS not answering to support tickets has nothing to do with PayPal. And not answering tickets related to $$$ means nobody there is actually giving a damn. 

@El Patron We are talking about 2 days, not 4 hours. Payment was made like all other payments I make with PayPal, with money from my PayPal account. No 3rd party, not even CC.

My post was not a support request aimed at the community. I was hoping an employee might actually navigate the forums because he/she was getting bored and see my post. I am almost certain that I will have an answer from them next week. Making this a more than 4 days wait.  And because I find it mildly funny that a company developing an ecommerce solution is unable to actually run an ecommerce business.

Hi @mausbaus  

First welcome to the forum, even occasion is not good for you. It is not good practice for customers to wait for order that long.

Patience have limits and it is usually sign you will not buy again from merchant that treats you like that.  Like El Patron said you loose momentum

and work is put on hold.

And from my time on forum I did some from time to time users with similar cases and not much you can do now. As it is weekend, like you said you will

get replay next week. And for catching an employee, was good try but if you posted on Friday maybe you would have more luck. You can try on monday

and ask @ttoine for some help. Also PrestaShop replay on Facebook relatively fast, again, within working hours.

Also I think they support get lot of request and you did not get in time on Friday. And how they run business is maybe funny to you, but think you wouldn't also like to have 

lot of fraud orders on your store. System they have must work good for them but it can have false positives. Unfortunately that one happens to be you.

Not sure if item(s) you purchased are available outside Addons, but you could try to find them and ask PayPal for dispute. Usually developers have it listed on their own websites too.

Also do try to be polite on forum, even you might be frustrated on PrestaShop  there is no need  to calling them arrogant, lazy bums or bored at work.

• Like 2

@razaro  I am being polite.

• When you think it's OK to have your customers waiting for you, it is called arrogance
  • When you don't process payments on Fridays and you don't answer support tickets on Fridays, it means your bum is quite lazy.
  • They have too many support tickets asking for them to process the payments or they have too many orders? Hire more people. Process the payments, make more money. Not doing so, means someone there is kinda lazy or ... somehow else but I got the feeling people here on the forums believe using only compliments and avoid accusing someone of... I don't know... say... incompetence, makes the world a better place or something.
  • I fail to see how calling someone bored at work is unpolite.

I might be new here on these forums, but so far, after simply describing a situation and making a statement about PS's way of doing business, I got the feeling the members here are more interested in how impolite is using the words arrogant, lazy and bored.

I mean, your contribution to the post as well as haylau's was just to call me rude, xenophobic, impolite.
Some might say that joining a topic just to call people rude, xenophobic and impolite, without actually helping anyone, is bad manners. 

But hey, who am I to judge....

23 minutes ago, mausbaus said:

@razaro  I am being polite.

•  

I mean, your contribution to the post as well as haylau's was just to call me rude, xenophobic, impolite.
 Some might say that joining a topic just to call people rude, xenophobic and impolite, without actually helping anyone, is bad manners. 

But hey, who am I to judge....

We can all only respond as we see it. I read your post as rude and xenophobic. Whether you meant it or not does not matter, that is how I read it. 

However, in my defence i did NOT contribute to the post just to say that. In my view I offered help and advice about how PayPal can delay payments, and that cannot be control by the store owner. With the best will in the world it does not matter how big the organisation is, sometimes you just do not have the staff to respond as quickly as you would like. 

We all understand that it is frustrating, and you seem very angry. But to me, that is not a way to get answers on a public peer support forum. So I will not be helping any further. Good luck with your venture and I hope you get your satisfaction soon. Bye

2 hours ago, mausbaus said:

I might be new here on these forums, but so far, after simply describing a situation and making a statement about PS's way of doing business, I got the feeling the members here are more interested in how impolite is using the words arrogant, lazy and bored.

When you create a topic on a forum, especially with the title you choose, you have to expect answers. The answers will focus on both the theme of the topic and how it has been written.

However I believe your aggressiveness (that we are lot to notice in your words) might come from the frustation and/or stress of what happens to you so I can ignore it for the 1st messages. Now please could you get more polite ;) as this is an area for mutual aid.

I dont know the numbers of Prestashop, but if you work in IT you know that "zero bugs" does not exist. So if a company has enough customers, there WILL be issues because IT is just IT. Maybe it's 1 for 1000. Maybe it's 1 for 100 000. But there are always issues with payment, shipping, even signing up ^^. Happens to Amazon, Google and Facebook too. So maybe you're just unlucky ;) . So I'm saying that PS is probably not a fraud, neither paypal, they are just 2 big companies which process huge amounts of transactions so ... some transactions fail. On Monday you'll probably have a satisfying answer.

@ksaan Nobody is accusing anyone for being a fraud. I am just expressing my frustration with a company and the services it provides.

I can't go on magento's forums to say hey PrestaShop, what the heck are you doing? If the company is called PrestaShop, I am expressing it on www.prestashop.com/forums.
What bugs? There is no bug involved. It is incompetence. And future PS users that might be interested in buying stuff on PS's marketplace should know what to expect from PS SA. 

Please don't forget is not just about the payment that was ignored but the support tickets as well.
And we are not talking about the services provided pro bono but about PAID services. 

So, in case nobody here has actually anything to do with the payment being processed or with answering to support requests, I would very much appreciate it if you could simply focus on other topics.

Am I being aggressive? Sure. You can choose to ignore it.  
Please resist the urge to force your morals onto others.

Apparently, after they got the money from PayPal, they didn't processed the order because "concerns of money laundering" and they are willing to process the order only if I send them a copy of my ID. The biggest money laundering scheme in the world, buying 4 PrestaShop Modules!

If you haven't started to spend money on a PrestaShop e-commerce solution for your project, my advice is to think twice. Avoid the headaches. 

@PrestaCandy Now I am very calm:). Is hard to be angry with a company when you get the kind of replies I got from them. 

I asked them to refund the payment, they did. Now I only have to find the developers of those modules to buy from them directly since PrestaShop doesn't want to sell it to me if I don't send them a copy of my ID lol.

Long live e-commerce and the business acumen!

4 minutes ago, mausbaus said:

@PrestaCandy Now I am very calm:). Is hard to be angry with a company when you get the kind of replies I got from them. 

I asked them to refund the payment, they did. Now I only have to find the developers of those modules to buy from them directly since PrestaShop doesn't want to sell it to me if I don't send them a copy of my ID lol.

Long live e-commerce and the business acumen!

It's great to see you could solve your issue in a way that satisfies you :D

Did you ask why they have this "concerns of money laundering" ? I have worked in e-commerce companies before and this kind of warnings were either provided to us by the payment gateway that had a blacklist (here it would be paypal) or we would detect some weird payment situations (for example same credit card being used by 3 different customers the same day, so we would be worried whether the card was stolen and the bank account being emptied).

It would be worth checking, your payment mean might have been stolen from you (and you dont know yet) and it would put you on blacklist for payment providers.

16 minutes ago, ksaan said:

It's great to see you could solve your issue in a way that satisfies you :D

Did you ask why they have this "concerns of money laundering" ? I have worked in e-commerce companies before and this kind of warnings were either provided to us by the payment gateway that had a blacklist (here it would be paypal) or we would detect some weird payment situations (for example same credit card being used by 3 different customers the same day, so we would be worried whether the card was stolen and the bank account being emptied).

It would be worth checking, your payment mean might have been stolen from you (and you dont know yet) and it would put you on blacklist for payment providers.

If PayPal would have had concerns with my account, then PayPal would have asked me for whatever other info they'd want. When you work with PayPal, you send your money to PayPal, not to the seller directly. Then PayPal sends the money to them. If you are a seller and you get money from PayPal, if you have concerns regarding the payment then you talk to PayPal, not with the PayPal user. You can also ask them if the PayPal account is a verified account or not.

No blacklist involved as well. Just days before I bought from PS marketplace a theme, using the same PayPal account. I got the PayPal account since the beginning of time and I use it on a daily basis to either get paid by my clients or to pay for services/products. 
Asking me for an ID proves nothing to you, the seller. How is sending to you an ID proves that I am the owner of the PayPal account or that I am not running some money laundering scheme? It doesn't. 

I appreciate how everybody here tends to think there might be some misunderstanding involved but there is not. The only things involved in this story are called incompetence, bad management, bad business practice. 

Thank you for trying to help out but I won't be spending any more of my time with them.

Hello everyone,

@mausbaus I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience on our Addons Marketplace.

Concerning the delay (and the fact that we ask an ID scan), we've precised it in the Terms and Conditions for Addons Customers.
"PrestaShop reserves the right to freeze the download of an Addon if it suspects that there is a risk of fraudulent payment in order to proceed with the payment verifications"

6 hours ago, mausbaus said:

Asking me for an ID proves nothing to you, the seller. How is sending to you an ID proves that I am the owner of the PayPal account or that I am not running some money laundering scheme? It doesn't. 

It does, many fraudsters don't respond to this email. It's simply one of the process that helps us to fight against fraud.  You chose not to send us this document, so it is unfortunately not possible to validate your purchase.

If you encounter other similar issues in the future, I invite you to contact us via Facebook or Twitter. We are more reactive on these channels (and in this case, it might have speed up the process).

Antoine

• Like 3

hello,

I see that Antoine was faster than me, thank you for the answer 🙂

@mausbaus clearly, from the title of this topic to the answers you write, you are agressive, while other people try to help and are nice with you. please stop this behavior. I will also edit the topic to "problem with payment on Addons", it is a good resume of your problem.

@Antoine F Again, it was not the first payment. It was the second one, using the same PayPal account. 
You should know by now that you can't "reserve" the right if that right is abusive. I am asking you, as I asked in the support ticket, to show me how was a risk of fraudulent payment involved in my order. Like.... exactly what flagged my payment as "risky". You can't because we both know there was nothing except maybe the country where I'm from and blocking payment based on a country from EU would be unlawful.

Beside that, you are not allowed to ask and have records with copies of my ID. 
Anyway, if I send you my ID, that alone can't prove the PayPal is MY account. So it is an abusive request that grants no protection to you as a seller. 

Thank you @ttoine for the kindness of editing the topic. The problem is not with payment on Addons, but with how PS S.A. is conducting business. 
Expressing my frustration with you might seem aggressive but it is not aggressiveness. It's just a harsh review of my encounter with PS S.A.

- waiting 5 days for someone to look at the order and answer to my support request
- asking for ID copies
- deny payment based on country
- deny payment even if I answered to your messages
- not explaining how exactly was my payment presenting itself as risk
- ignoring the fact that just a week before you accepted that payment method, same account, on the same marketplace (was it not risky then?)
- editing my topic to suit your needs.

And that's why I called the topic PrestaShop S.A. Joke, because it's a joke of an ecommerce company.
You don't like this review? You can either delete the topic or change how you conduct your business.
It's your choice and that choice will show your true face. 

You are welcome 🙂

The forum is not a good place to be agressive and harsh, try Twitter for that. I didn't edited the topic to suite my needs, but to reflects the problem. You have a problem with a transaction on Addons. And the PrestaShop company is not a joke, this is a a serious business: most customers are happy, and only a few have problems and complain. I am sorry that you are part of the few customers with problems. Telling that our business is a joke is an insult.

Were are you located in the world ? if you are not in the same timezone that us, that would explain part of the delays of the answers.

We tried to help you, if you don't want our help, please stop to insult us. 

• Like 1

I am in EU, like you. 

If I consider that PS S.A. is conducting their business in a hilarious way, is not an insult. It is just how I see it.
P.S. S.A. made me laugh with their weird way of doing business, therefore I had to call them a joke.

I was unhappy with your company's services, I expressed my feelings. It's what the Internet was invented for! :)
A piece of advice... when a customer calls your company a joke, don't get all defensive and say you are insulted but try and see why exactly did the customer called your company a joke. 

An insult is to wait for days and have your payment refunded because you don't want to send ID copies to strangers, when the same paypal account was used a week before and all was OK and P.S. S.A. had the money in their account without any problems whatsoever and then be treated like you are at fault for their bad practices. That's an insult.

But hey, all is good. Contacted the developers directly, paid for the modules with the same PayPal account, nobody asked me to send ID copies.
I got the modules, they got the money, PS forum got the honor of hosting my thoughts and keep them for eternity :)

The Internet has been invented to connect networks between them. Then, the Web has been invented to share knowledge over the Internet, not to complain in an insulting way. Some years after, the web 2.0 came, were anyone like you can write content.

I am not the manager of the Addons marketplace, I am the manager of the forum. If Paypal or the accountant is requiring more information, I am sorry for you, but this is the fault of nobody on this forum. Next time, please use something else than Paypal, if possible.

Anyway. I am glad that you eventually found a solution. Next time, please consider another way to complain: stay polite. You will get more help, quicker, and people will enjoy to help you.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same issue as @mausbaus : I'm waiting more than 2 days for a theme a bought. The payment status: 'Checking Payment Data'. When I check Paypal, it is payed already. I've made 6 tickets by now, I've had a few chat contacts with them and I don't get an answer. The chat contacts are always 'suddenly interrupted', or they are 'offline, try again in a few minutes' (meaning hours).

So, I must agree with @mausbaus: this is a joke. It's not rude to express feelings. It's even a good thing to express feelings, and tell why you are frustrated, so, here I go:

PrestaShop has extremely bad service in any way, Paypal payment doesn't work, they treat me very very badly and I will be forced to start a dispute on Paypal to get my money back. In summary: I have tried to buy a theme and a few days later I ended up having spent 6-7 hours of conversations and tickets and about 100 EUR poorer, without the theme, nor invoice.

Hello @M-4 I checked with the customer team and there is currently someone investigating to understand why your payment has been considered as a possible issue and is needing review. Paypal is a top industrial partner of PrestaShop, and issues like that are very rare. At the company, we don't like having customer in this situation, let's wait and see so that it will be cleared quickly.

As stated in my previous post, I hope that you were polite and respectful in your communications with the customer support team: that usually helps to make things go ahead faster. People don't like to be insulted, particularly when it's not their fault.

In parallel, I would like to inform you that the customer support team is being improved, because of the recent growth of the marketplace activity. More people are being added to the team and will start asap, in order to be able to handle more support tickets and faster.

@M-4 I can confirm that your payment has been processed and confirmed this morning. We are using a third party service to monitor the transaction risk, and it seems that your purchase was something like a false positive or something like that..

Unfortunately, it happens from time to time (like spam detectors, for instance). One of our partner agencies has been in the same case recently. Manual review by the customer support team is then mandatory.

• 1 month later...

Well I'm not the only one there are having problems with a feedback from prestashop or the develloper.

Since june i have asked for first help and lately ask for a refunde to a theme i bought her - No help at all......

Don't purchase anything here from Prestashop because there are no help after the payment.