bcorrow

Is prestashop good for a shop of services?

Hi all,

I like how prestashop looks & features offered.

I understand that what I'm looking for is not something on classical way to use  e-commerce shop, however: will prestashop be a good idea to use for selling (education) services? It means that there should be a product cart, that will have all information about service, there should be option to selesct from variety (like for example choice colors of sweater) & of course a possibility to set quantity. The customer should be able to pay online & after payment receive a link with access to the service details (this part most likely will be build out of pretashop).

Thanks & Best Regards,

Bob Corrow from Buy Essay Club

Prestashop allows "virtual products" what can be any downloads - whether mp3s or pdfs. 

It does not allow attributes for virtual products. So if you have varieties you need to make separate products. For normal products varieties are possible.

• Like 1

I don't think it is necessary to use virtual products for this so that averts the lack of support for virtual product attributes.  There are some modules however that support virtual product attributes.

So moving forward I would treat service link any other product but you will need to suppress shipping, this can be done by changing text of a single carrier to something else than shipping.  Else you will need company to suppress shipping in its entirety....

I recommend installing latest stable as test on your hosting so you can add a product as proof of concept.

happy ps'ing

el

• Like 1

other quick note, this assumes of course service has fixed price...if it does not then you would build product and install a 'request a quote' type module. we do this on our own webshop under services.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, El Patron said:

I don't think it is necessary to use virtual products for this so that averts the lack of support for virtual product attributes.  There are some modules however that support virtual product attributes.

So moving forward I would treat service link any other product but you will need to suppress shipping, this can be done by changing text of a single carrier to something else than shipping.  Else you will need company to suppress shipping in its entirety....

I recommend installing latest stable as test on your hosting so you can add a product as proof of concept.

happy ps'ing

el

On 3/2/2019 at 5:10 PM, El Patron said:

other quick note, this assumes of course service has fixed price...if it does not then you would build product and install a 'request a quote' type module. we do this on our own webshop under services.

Thanks pal for detailed explanation.

• Like 1