[100% Free] Prestashop Cookie Law Module - BACookieLaw

tdsoft

You are from European Union Country? You must implement to your shop information, which talks about using Cookies in your shop. BA Cookie Law Info module is great tool to add this information to your shop. Just install it, create a information text in many languages.

Demo: https://prestashop-demo.com/bacookie_law_info/

Features

• Display a warning banner on every page to inform users about the use of cookies and ask for their info.
  • Responsive design, Compatible on Mobile, Tablet.
  • Customize back ground color,text color… in Backoffice of Module
  • (Optional) automatically close the cookie bar after a delay (delay is configurable)
  • (Optional) accept cookie policy if the user scrolls
  • Put the cookie bar in either the header or the footer or popup
  • (Optional) cookie bar can be permanently dismissed or accessible through a "show again" tab
  • (Optional) "show again" tab is fully customisable including position shown on page and styles
  • Working on both bootstrap theme and theme without bootstrap
  • Compatible multiple language.
  • Cache system…

Download link on module official page: Free Download

Do not worry, if you need any our support. We are always ready to free work.

Some Screenshot for Frontend

demo_1.png

Design & Configure in Backoffice

demo_2.png

Change log

- Compatible to Prestashop 1.7.7+

Released version 1.0.10
+ fix cookie show again after click Accept
+ change spam to fix tag for cookie Text in tpl file

Released version 1.0.11
+ compatible to Prestashop 8.x+
+ change define DEFAULT_NUMBER

Edited by tdsoft
update changelog (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Becquel said:

Seems great but I have a question: does this plugin block the cookies or just showing the message?

Hi, our modules only just showing the message because you can not logged in, checkout.. if you does not use Cookie in Prestashop

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, mkkorleone said:

Hi.I am with your module and am very pleased. But every time I go in and out of the browser , the message appears even if I accept it it is very irritating.How to fix?

Tnx.

Hello,

Great module.

But is above question solved? I have the same issue.

Prestashop 1.7.6.1

Thanks

• 1 month later...

This module is only a show, like  a fake.

It tried the demo, see above, and I could made an order WITHOUT clicking "I accept"!

There's no "I do NOT accept" button. This is a must for EU law!
There's not info what coockies would be saved. This is a must for EU law!

This module and many others should be checked. Only "This site uses coockies... Accept, and more Informations" is absolute not enough.

** edit': There's one solution if you have no other module:
Size the window large, so that visitors can not reach the login or buy button, only if they click "I accept". and be sure the window can ot be closed only if you press "more info".

Edited by Huberticus (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Huberticus said:

This module is only a show, like  a fake.

It tried the demo, see above, and I could made an order WITHOUT clicking "I accept"!

There's no "I do NOT accept" button. This is a must for EU law!
There's not info what coockies would be saved. This is a must for EU law!

This module and many others should be checked. Only "This site uses coockies... Accept, and more Informations" is absolute not enough.

** edit': There's one solution if you have no other module:
Size the window large, so that visitors can not reach the login or buy button, only if they click "I accept". and be sure the window can ot be closed only if you press "more info".

The users should/could do an order and anything without accepting third party cookies(as far as I know).

For this module developers or for anyone who needs a more exhaustive cookie manager for his website you can try tarteaucitron.js library or find a module base on it.

We have it implemented in our prestashop shop if you want to have a look: becquel.com/shop

Regards

Hi, If customer choose: "I do NOT accept" 

Prestashop will not work and your store will not work because all functions of Prestashop will STOPED.

We only show "Accept" to customer understand that website is using their Cookie,

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, tdsoft said:

Hi, you can setup One URL for Term CMS pages, then write multiple languages for this page?

Yes, of course, I can. But in all other places in Prestashop, the same pages for different languages are addressed through the language prefix in URL, and this will look like a perversion :) 

12 hours ago, giddy said:

Yes, of course, I can. But in all other places in Prestashop, the same pages for different languages are addressed through the language prefix in URL, and this will look like a perversion :) 

We will plan for this, now you can enter url: http://storeco/index.php?controller=cms&id_cms=3

Change 3 to your CMS page, so Prestashop will automatic redirect to language of customer

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2020 at 2:43 PM, beratingen said:

One problem:

User signs in and accepts cookie.

User opens a new browser and signs in. It asks user again. But user already accepted in other browser.

Do you plan a fix for this? @tdsoft

Yes, Cookie stored based on client's browser. when you view it in other browser. Cookie is difference

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

Sorry but your plugin lacks the REFUSE option. And à REVERSE option. The law RGPD indicates this to the CNIL:

Consent is valid only if the person makes a real choice:  The user must be able to accept or refuse the deposit and/or reading of cookies with the same degree of simplicity.
    According to recital 42 of the GDPMR, which clarifies the requirement of freedom of consent laid down in its Article 4, "consent should not be considered to have been freely given if the person concerned does not have a genuine freedom of choice or is not able to refuse or withdraw consent without suffering prejudice".  
    Furthermore, the CNIL recommends that this choice be made on each of the sites or applications concerned by navigation monitoring. It must be possible for the user to simply withdraw consent at any time. It must be as simple to withdraw consent as it is to give it. Solutions enabling users to withdraw their consent must be made available to the user. They must be accessible at all times.

Be brave, your development is almost complete.

Best regards.

15 hours ago, letonton said:

Hello

Sorry but your plugin lacks the REFUSE option. And à REVERSE option. The law RGPD indicates this to the CNIL:

Be brave, your development is almost complete.

Best regards.

If Cookie is disabled, Prestashop System can NOT work. you can use GDPR at here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/828912-the-official-gdpr-preshaop-17-download-module/

GDPR said that: The website must say to customer: they use COOKIE for store what is information?

On 10/6/2020 at 6:06 AM, tdsoft said:

If Cookie is disabled, Prestashop System can NOT work. you can use GDPR at here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/828912-the-official-gdpr-preshaop-17-download-module/

GDPR said that: The website must say to customer: they use COOKIE for store what is information?

Hello

You must give notice the users, and it must be possible to accept or refuse, this at any time. And the website must be able to function as before without inconvenience for the user. I know this is incompatible with a lot of sites, but it's the law.

11 hours ago, letonton said:

Hello

You must give notice the users, and it must be possible to accept or refuse, this at any time. And the website must be able to function as before without inconvenience for the user. I know this is incompatible with a lot of sites, but it's the law.

So what would you like help you something?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. With the new law, you have to accept or reject third-party cookies. This module is updated? Necessary cookies can always be activated. The client must be able to choose whether to activate or deactivate the unnecessary (third parties)

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 11:17 PM, Adrian said:

Hi. With the new law, you have to accept or reject third-party cookies. This module is updated? Necessary cookies can always be activated. The client must be able to choose whether to activate or deactivate the unnecessary (third parties)

Hi, if we stop cookie, it is simple but Prestashop can not work for some function.

How to do "reject third-party cookies"

And how do we solve this problem to be within the law? I do not understand that prestashop is not prepared for this. In wordpress I had no problem. PS: I have seen 3 modules that do it but they cost 50€ and it seems really excessive.

I am willing to pay, but not that much. In wordpress for 5€ I have it.

Edited by Adrian (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Adrian said:

And how do we solve this problem to be within the law? I do not understand that prestashop is not prepared for this. In wordpress I had no problem. PS: I have seen 3 modules that do it but they cost 50€ and it seems really excessive.

I am willing to pay, but not that much. In wordpress for 5€ I have it.

Same problem here, due the last changes of the law. Any help will be appreciated

1 hour ago, vrobador said:

Finally solved it, but without a prestashop module.

Just with a script which allow to set up which cookies will be blocked. Script URL is https://tarteaucitron.io/ and have two options, free and registered. With free option we got what we wanted.

In the script site you can find a full example of these "customizable" cookies

Regards

So you want remove all Cookie from browser if customer does not click "I Accept", Yes?

8 hours ago, tdsoft said:

So you want remove all Cookie from browser if customer does not click "I Accept", Yes?

This is the idea. Site cookies are always active, but the script i've talked about allows to accept/reject third party cookies, so users will be able to enable google cookeis but reject facebook ones.

Regards

7 hours ago, vrobador said:

This is the idea. Site cookies are always active, but the script i've talked about allows to accept/reject third party cookies, so users will be able to enable google cookeis but reject facebook ones.

Regards

Oh it only allow remove some Cookie of some specify website as Google, Facebook...

But Cookie still actived. So you want our module to do: add options from Backoffice to allow remove Cookie from Gogole, Facebook...

Yes?

6 hours ago, tdsoft said:

Oh it only allow remove some Cookie of some specify website as Google, Facebook...

But Cookie still actived. So you want our module to do: add options from Backoffice to allow remove Cookie from Gogole, Facebook...

Yes?

According RGPD, in its Cookie Consent section, user may accept specifically the use of cookies. Navigation without action it's not allowed, and closing advertising neither (or means rejection). User must specifically say "yes" or "no" to the use of cookies.

About cookies, there of two kind: Mandatory cookies are those necessary for the proper functioning of the site, and these can't be deactivated.

The others, are third party cookies, and these must be accepted separately or together. These are external cookies. Facebook and Google are examples, but there are lots of sites nad kinds: social networks (twitter, linkedin), advertising (amazon, bing, adsense), audience (alexa, google analytics), video (vimeo, youtube)....

Regards

On 11/10/2020 at 3:52 PM, vrobador said:

According RGPD, in its Cookie Consent section, user may accept specifically the use of cookies. Navigation without action it's not allowed, and closing advertising neither (or means rejection). User must specifically say "yes" or "no" to the use of cookies.

About cookies, there of two kind: Mandatory cookies are those necessary for the proper functioning of the site, and these can't be deactivated.

The others, are third party cookies, and these must be accepted separately or together. These are external cookies. Facebook and Google are examples, but there are lots of sites nad kinds: social networks (twitter, linkedin), advertising (amazon, bing, adsense), audience (alexa, google analytics), video (vimeo, youtube)....

Regards

So you want add a button: I don't accept -> when customer click this button -> our module will remove all third party cookies

Yes?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tdsoft said:

So you want add a button: I don't accept -> when customer click this button -> our module will remove all third party cookies

Yes?

This is not quite correct

Until user does not accept specifically the cookies these third party cookies should not be installed, or must be blocked

12 hours ago, vrobador said:

This is not quite correct

Until user does not accept specifically the cookies these third party cookies should not be installed, or must be blocked

We do not understand your mean, it like our suggesst " I don't accept -> when customer click this button -> our module will remove all third party cookies"

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

@tdsoft: Consider not use #ba_eu_cookie_law on form html element in admin panel, because the I don't care about cookies and EasyList Cookies hide element by generic cosmetic filtering and may no add to own filters negation like: :not(form).

Also your addon break the " and ', so no possible use this in own css or use custom links in description (if custom description ignore purify text enabled in PS).

Also have typo like "disnable" word.

Edited by krystian3w (see edit history)

On 6/4/2022 at 7:25 AM, krystian3w said:

@tdsoft: Consider not use #ba_eu_cookie_law on form html element in admin panel, because the I don't care about cookies and EasyList Cookies hide element by generic cosmetic filtering and may no add to own filters negation like: :not(form).

Also your addon break the " and ', so no possible use this in own css or use custom links in description (if custom description ignore purify text enabled in PS).

Also have typo like "disnable" word.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 1:27 AM, Philippe O. said:

Hi team,

Regarding the EU law, it's STRICTLY forbidden to browse a website if "Accept" is not clicked before.

With this module, users can browse, clic and buy without accepting explicitly the consent.

A pur non-sense regarding EU law...

All my best
phil

you want stop cookie when click accept?

I think he need block button "buy now" and/or add to "web shop bag".

Maybe enough will be full size transparent background (light/dark) as long user click "accept". These background can be created by pseudoelement :before or :after (as custom CSS to add as feature to updated stock plugin). I don't checked exist this in latest version (also as hard hidden or described too specific English sentence/words).

Edited by krystian3w (see edit history)

On 11/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, krystian3w said:

I think he need block button "buy now" and/or add to "web shop bag".

Maybe enough will be full size transparent background (light/dark) as long user click "accept". These background can be created by pseudoelement :before or :after (as custom CSS to add as feature to updated stock plugin). I don't checked exist this in latest version (also as hard hidden or described too specific English sentence/words).

Please more explain your request with some pictures???

Do not worry, if you need any our support. We are always ready to free work.
Thanks.

I mean these foreground: https://output.jsbin.com/lejuzaq

Screenshot_2022-12-06-14-57-35-348-edit_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.jpg.78eed4867f03bcec3cb4cee9bdcb72a0.jpg

Then user must accept first to can start interaction with webshop.

I miscalculated a bit with the ease of generating this foreground to be under the bar. Of course, I'm omitting the "EasyList Cookies" and "I don't care about cookies" list fans (If we make the foreground/fog from the element inside the bar, it will disappear correctly - if it is outside the list methods, the store will seem damaged and the user may forget that he is cutting cookie-GDPR bars/pop-ups/prompts).

This will partially satisfy his need, but Google's policy to detect that tracking and personalized advertising is running in the background without the user's permission.

Edited by krystian3w
more sentences (see edit history)

On 12/6/2022 at 9:00 PM, krystian3w said:

I mean these foreground: https://output.jsbin.com/lejuzaq

Screenshot_2022-12-06-14-57-35-348-edit_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.jpg.78eed4867f03bcec3cb4cee9bdcb72a0.jpg

Then user must accept first to can start interaction with webshop.

I miscalculated a bit with the ease of generating this foreground to be under the bar. Of course, I'm omitting the "EasyList Cookies" and "I don't care about cookies" list fans (If we make the foreground/fog from the element inside the bar, it will disappear correctly - if it is outside the list methods, the store will seem damaged and the user may forget that he is cutting cookie-GDPR bars/pop-ups/prompts).

This will partially satisfy his need, but Google's policy to detect that tracking and personalized advertising is running in the background without the user's permission.

You want change Bar display to Background?

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2023 at 4:33 AM, PrestonThePenguin said:

Hello,

I used this module for a cookie banner and I was happy with it. Unfortunately, now after an update to Prestashop 8.0.3 and php 8.1, the banner does not show up anymore.

Is this module working for anyone with the latest version? Does someone know a fix?

Thank you!

Yes, this module work for 8.x+

for your issue, can you give us in private message:
1. admin account + FTP account.
we can check this issue for help you.
If you need any our support. We are always ready to work.
Thanks.

Your module is no longer valid as displaying a simple message is simply not enough. You must block the cookie installation until the user gives his consent. User must be able to select which cookies will be accepted. According to the latest privacy laws, the cookie consent must work as on the example below:

cookie-policy-banner.png.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mr_absinthe said:

Your module is no longer valid as displaying a simple message is simply not enough. You must block the cookie installation until the user gives his consent. User must be able to select which cookies will be accepted. According to the latest privacy laws, the cookie consent must work as on the example below:

if block Cookie, some functions of prestashop's core as Add to Cart, logged in... do not work!!!

3 hours ago, tdsoft said:

if block Cookie, some functions of prestashop's core as Add to Cart, logged in... do not work!!!

Do you really mean that turning off marketing cookie will disable Add to Cart??? Do not post misleading information and educate yourself please! I hope that the below helps:

Off Site Targeting: Marketing and Personalisation

Targeted cookies are linked to services provided by our trusted partners. These cookies are placed by our trusted advertising and marketing partners (including social networks). These help us to build an understanding of your interests (for example by understanding what products you have browsed on our site) and show you products, services and advertisements relevant to you. These cookies make it possible for us to ensure that you don’t see irrelevant, duplicate or multiple ads from us in a short period of time. We do want to prevent ads continuously re-appearing and annoying you.

You can turn these cookies off. However, you will still see random non targeted advertisements from us online and on social media. These ads will be less relevant, and you may see more adverts. You will also continue to receive a personalised experience on this website and (if you are subscribed) in our Email Marketing.

Onsite Targeting: Marketing and Personalisation

These cookies are placed by our company and are used to help us to build an understanding of your interests (for example by understanding what products you have browsed on our site) and show you products, services and advertisements relevant to you whilst you are on the Next Website. These cookies make it possible for us to personalise your experience on this website and (if you are subscribed) in our Email Marketing.

20 hours ago, mr_absinthe said:

Do you really mean that turning off marketing cookie will disable Add to Cart??? Do not post misleading information and educate yourself please! I hope that the below helps:

Off Site Targeting: Marketing and Personalisation

Targeted cookies are linked to services provided by our trusted partners. These cookies are placed by our trusted advertising and marketing partners (including social networks). These help us to build an understanding of your interests (for example by understanding what products you have browsed on our site) and show you products, services and advertisements relevant to you. These cookies make it possible for us to ensure that you don’t see irrelevant, duplicate or multiple ads from us in a short period of time. We do want to prevent ads continuously re-appearing and annoying you.

You can turn these cookies off. However, you will still see random non targeted advertisements from us online and on social media. These ads will be less relevant, and you may see more adverts. You will also continue to receive a personalised experience on this website and (if you are subscribed) in our Email Marketing.

Onsite Targeting: Marketing and Personalisation

These cookies are placed by our company and are used to help us to build an understanding of your interests (for example by understanding what products you have browsed on our site) and show you products, services and advertisements relevant to you whilst you are on the Next Website. These cookies make it possible for us to personalise your experience on this website and (if you are subscribed) in our Email Marketing.

We do not understand your request. please more explain, so we can upgrade our module with new features.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2023 at 6:03 PM, mr_absinthe said:

To me this looks totally OK for the more simple websites that don't use cookies at all except for the strictly necessary prestashop ones.

Thanks @tdsoft ... Honestly 70 euros for a licence of a freaking cookie consent plugin, feels like theft for me

Edited by NixxxoN (see edit history)

On 6/12/2023 at 9:26 PM, NixxxoN said:

To me this looks totally OK for the more simple websites that don't use cookies at all except for the strictly necessary prestashop ones.

Thanks @tdsoft ... Honestly 70 euros for a licence of a freaking cookie consent plugin, feels like theft for me

Thanks.