Discount priority in (Edit specific prices)?

BlackEdition

Hi,

I have a premium theme with an integrated discount countdown timer as you can see below:

2019-02-25_10-52-19.png.a1548749467931ab1ebfde5c5b340a39.png

The timer gets triggered and appears whenever the first discount in Edit specific prices has a start>end date, but if it's unlimited (no date set) then the timer doesn't appear.

Now my issue is how PrestaShop handles discount priority in Edit specific prices;

I have various discounts applied to all my products for different groups as you can see below:

2019-02-25_10-44-49.thumb.png.5e6d0193147c36112c69a5a30277d0c2.png

The discounts for users in Reseller group are applied from the start of the shop (they are permanent discounts) as it is a wholesale price for my B2B users.

And from time to timer I also apply a special limited-time discount for all the groups in my store as you can see in the last price in the image.

The problem is that the last added price with a start>end date appears at the bottom of the list, which means the timer doesn't appear for users in Reseller group, it only appears for users in the default groups (Customers, Visitor...etc). To explain this further:

Users in my custom group "Reseller" will see the price as discounted, but no countdown timer whatsoever (because it's not the #1 in edit specific prices).

Users in all other groups will see the discount and the timer without issues (because they don't have other previous discounts).

This means I will lose the ability to show the timer for my users in Reseller group, which is a bad thing because timers introduce impulse buying, which is a good thing.

This is not an issue with the theme itself, because it only shows the timer for the first discount in the list. This is related to how PrestaShop handles discount priority in Edit specific prices.

Is there a way I can force/move the discount with start>end date to always be the first priority (first in the list) so I can show the timer for my users in Reseller group too?

I hope someone has a solution for me because this is very important for my business. I searched for a premium module to handle all the discounts in a better way with more flexibility (a discount-manager of some sort) but couldn't find anything.

Edited by BlackEdition (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 2:54 PM, garyhoffmann said:

Would this be better served with a discount rather than a specific price?  I'm not sure, just putting it out there.  There is priority on the discounts, just not on specific prices.

If you mean catalog > discounts > catalog price rules, then unfortunately no.

I can't set discounts for every single product if I do it that way. I can only enter a discount for an entire category/brand/supplier/attributes/features, but no products.

My discounts will be a different % for every product in the store so it's not a viable solution unless they add a way for us to apply by product when going with catalog price rules.

I can still do it this way and maybe add different attributes or features or supplier for every single product then filter the discounts by that, but it's not really a good solution to go by.

Any other suggestions? Im still looking for ideas.

Edited by BlackEdition (see edit history)

I'm on 1.7.5.1 and I have the ability to set those up by product, so I apologize for misleading.  Also, 1.7.5.1 seems to have a priority rule setting by item on specific prices.

I'm not sure which version you are using, but it may be worth looking at 1.7.5.1 to see if it solves your needs.  I'm new enough to PrestaShop and am having some troubles with specific prices also, so I may be completely off base...

Im running 1.7.5.1 too.

Can you please show me exactly where you are looking it? maybe im missing it.

1- There is no way to choose a product when going this route catalog > discounts > catalog price rules:

2019-03-28_14-24-48.png.3e6c216e24fbbe574364f39ca75b7753.png

We can only apply with the following conditions and I don't see anything for products:

2019-03-28_14-25-05.png.8f0d0729856e0f9274c5d4800ea82ef2.png

You may be confusing catalog price rules with cart rules as they are not the same. With cart rules yes we can apply discounts for single products, but that only happens in carts  and not related to the product page itself. This doesn't work for me because this way I can't show the countdown timer in the product page and I can't display a table for quantity discounts in the product page either. Also you can't set quantity discounts in cart rules. So this method doesn't really work for this situation.

2- As for the discount priority for specific prices, I don't see where we can set that?

2019-03-28_14-36-40.thumb.png.9d6ade77dbf3195a99cfbbbf78e7367f.png

• 3 years later...